And something's feeling different in the hallways

Ricky was hanging in the hall on Valentine's Day, he was sitting on the ground on the phone with his ex-girlfriend/friend Nini. They both decided that they would be better at friends since she was in Denver at the school YAC and Ricky was in Salt Lake.

"I'm really sorry I couldn't be there for you, I know I was your Valentine for most of the time," she says smiling.

"It's okay, I was actually hoping on finding another  Valentine" Ricky smirks. Nini was the first person to know about Ricky's crush on EJ. They got closer after the first play and they decided to be friends.

"Oh, does that mean you're gonna tell EJ you have a crush on him?" Nini asks, making Ricky bite his lip as he thinks of an answer. He touches the guitar that's next to him, he brought it cause Miss Jeen asked him to for practice.

"I may...have written a song last night..."

The minute he says that, Nini smiles widely and squeals. "Richard Bowen, that's great, what do you call it?"

"Anyone Else."

"Well, you to sing for him before the days over!" Nini says.

"Hey, Bowen"

Ricky looks up and sees EJ looking up at him. Ricky had his eyes widen and EJ quickly looked away.

"Ricky? You okay?" Nini asks through the phone. Ricky's eyes go from her to EJ. "How much of that did you hear?" Ricky asks him.

"Just the part of valentine, and writing a song" EJ rubs the back of his neck.

"Is that EJ? Tell him I said hi" Nini says.

"It's on speaker, you big mouth" Ricky chuckles.

"Oh, did he hear anything?" Nini asks.

"He heard practically everything" Ricky whisper-yells to her, making her eyes widen.

"Oh. Well, I'm gonna call you later tonight, I'll let you guys talk...bye Ricky. Bye EJ, Happy Valentine's Day!" Nini says awkwardly and quickly hangs up the phone. The boys quickly look down and awkward tension rises between the two.

 The boys quickly look down and awkward tension rises between the two

"So..." Ricky says.

"So..."

"I-I'm really sorry you had to hear that" Ricky replies, nervous and embarrassed.

"No...it's fine, I shouldn't have listened" EJ replies. Awkward silence took over as the two try their best to avoid eye contact.

"Why are you wearing all black?" Ricky asks. EJ's outfit was almost the same color as his raven hair. "Oh, well it's my first Valentine's day without a girlfriend, and...not gonna lie...it stings a little" EJ chuckles, playing with his ring.

"Oh," Ricky sighs, a little sad.

"So..you wrote a song?"

Ricky's eyes shoot up when EJ mentions his song. "Um...it's nothing, really," he says, stuffing his phone in his pocket.

"Hey, come on, please let me hear it," EJ asks, smiling. Ricky sighs giving into EJ's big wide and charming smile that makes his stomach do flips. He grabs his guitar and starts to play a few notes.

I always gotta think it over
I can't stop thinkin' of you
Am I the guy you want to hold ya
I'll be here when you need me to

Make you feel beautiful in the morning
Light you up when the rain won't stop pouring
'Cause there's a million little things I haven't told ya
It kills when someone is with you, so

How am I supposed to think about anything else?
How am I to go on keeping this to myself?
I am done pretending I want anyone else
Anyone else
Anyone else

Ooh, anyone else
Ooh, anyone else

And now the days are getting longer
I'm caught daydreamin' of you
I'm still waiting for my happy ever after
When you're ready, I'll be ready to

Make you feel beautiful in the morning
Light you up when the rain won't stop pouring
'Cause there's a million little things I haven't told ya
It kills me when someone is with you, so

How am I supposed to think about anything else?
How am I to go on keeping this to myself?
I am done pretending I want anyone else
Anyone else
Anyone else

The world melts away when I'm with you
And you might be afraid to jump too soon, oh
But I promise if you would
I'd love you better than they ever could
Boy, we'd have it good, we'd have it good

How am I supposed to think about anything else?
How am I to go on keeping this to myself?
I am done pretending I want anyone else
Anyone else
Anyone else

I keep hoping it'll only be a matter of time
'Til the memory's faded and the feeling subsides
I won't help, I can't settle for anyone else
Anyone else
Anyone else

EJ gently claps as Ricky stops singing, making him blush. "Shut up" he groans. "Come on, that was great. That was for me?" EJ asks. Ricky grins and slightly nods. "I'm sorry."

"Well...you kinda like me and I don't have a valentine so..." EJ smirks.

"What?" Ricky asks, confused and his eyes shining with almost...hope?"

EJ walks next to him and sits next to him. Both boys were facing each other, still trying to absorb the awkwardness of their current situation, which EJ tries to absorb by wrapping his arm around Ricky's arm. "If we're both willing to give each other a chance, I guess we could try it out and see where we go from here."

"You're serious?" Ricky asks, almost vulnerable.

"Only one way to find out, right" EJ teases with a smirk as Ricky gets closer.

EJ looks at Ricky as his brown chocolate eyes shined in the daylight the window let in, his curls were messy and everywhere, but EJ thought it was adorable. Ricky looks deep into EJ's green ocean eyes, like a calm tide during sunset. The truth was that EJ actually has feelings for Ricky too. He had alot of girlfriends in the past, but all of them were nothing compared to his former nemesis-turned-crush.

They were so close to each other that Ricky could smell EJ's ocean cologne and their lips finally connect. Ricky takes his hands out of his pockets and holds the back of EJ's cheek. EJ found a way to fill the hole that pierced Ricky's heart when his mom moved away and got a boyfriend.

Eventually, they stop and they gaze into each other's eyes.

"Happy valentines day, Bowen."

"Happy valentines day, Caswell."

After that, both get up and walk to class, holding hands.

Sorry I changed the lyrics, but I needed something.