Thanksgiving Dinner

Ricky has been kinda worried, he hasn't heard from his boyfriend EJ in a few days. In fact, nobody heard from EJ, not even Ashlyn. Everyday, someone would ask him if he's heard from him and it's always the same answer.

No.

Everyday, after school, he would quickly try to call EJ, but every day, he would never respond, but he would always leave a voicemail.

"Hey, EJ, where are you? I just need to know if you're okay."

EJ? Are okay?"

"EJ please talk to me. You're really scaring me. 

"EJ, I really do miss you, and I wanna hear your voice again. Please just respond."

Another day after school, Ricky just powered through the day and when he got home, he quickly ran to his room and dropped everything, taking out his phone. He was about to open his phone, but then someone started calling him.

Ricky let out a sigh of relief and answered.

"EJ! You scared me so bad! Are you okay? What's wrong? I really miss you! Everyone's talking abo-"

"I'm ok, bubs, I promise," he says plainly.

"Babe...are you okay?" Ricky asked, very concerned about his boyfriend, he can't just call after ghosting everyone but a few days and expect it to just go away, but EJ also sounds upset.

"Yeah, I just... needed some time to myself, I'm sorry for ghosting you and everyone else," EJ tells his boyfriend.

Ricky knows there's something wrong with EJ, but he doesn't want him to ghost him again. He needs to find another way to get the truth outta him, but how? That's when the idea hit him.

"Hey, why don't you come over for Thanksgiving? Just you, me, my dad...and your parents?"

Ricky wasn't 100% on inviting EJ's parents. His dad always sent a chill down his spine, no matter what he did, his parents never seemed to like him, but they never said anything, at least, not around him.

"Oh, um...sure, but my parents might be working, so it might just be me" EJ explains.

"I don't care, Eej. As long as I get to see you" Ricky smiles to himself, even if he was the only one who could see it. "Wait, does that mean I have to dress up? I know your parents don't really like me and I don't wanna take any chances of th-"

"Ricky, bubba. It's gonna be fine, wear whatever you want. I gotta go, I'll talk to you later."

"Okay babe, I'll see you later, I love you."

"I love you too, bye," EJ says and quickly hangs up.

Ricky couldn't help but sigh, EJ was definitely hiding something, and they made a promise not to keep secrets from each other, why would he break it? Something is definitely wrong with him, and he had to find out.

A few days later, it was Thanksgiving. Ricky and his dad were waiting for EJ to show up, it was in the afternoon, Mike was ready to chow down, but Ricky told him to wait. Ricky was desperate for EJ to show up, he even dressed up for him and Ricky hates dressing up.

(He's not the only one)

Ricky's outfit