"You're–killing me–Alex." I got out, taking in a deeper gulp of air.

The warm softness of her chest pressed flush against mine again and I groaned beneath her.

"C'mon Xavier. It's the best death you've ever had." She murmured, with a wicked glint in her eyes.

"I want. You."

"I know." She deadpanned, "I'm lying between your legs–"

I slapped her ass and she laughed hard into my shoulder. I rolled my eyes and whined her name. It got her attention quickly and she watched me more seriously.

"I do love it when you do that..." She muttered, not letting me answer.

Our kiss deepened along with our movements and it wasn't long before my whines were a lot more enthusiastic. I couldn't decide what I liked more. The taste of Alex tinged with fruit or the taste of her without... Either way our bodies became slick with the heat of the desire between us. Her moans lighting my body on fire. Her skin sending her name from my lips countless times.

Somewhere in the back of my mind I knew the space outside this room needed their leader. But if she ever thought of that–she didn't seem to give a single shit.

Not when she kissed me like this again and again like we had all the time in the world. Not when she whispered my name and made me reach oblivion too many times to count. And not when she told me she loved me again. It had already hit me hard enough last night–but I couldn't get enough of hearing it again from her breathless lips.

"Alex."

Her chest rose and fell quickly but she stilled above me when she heard the tone in my voice. Her eyes tore off my skin and met my blue. She cupped my face in her hands waiting. Breathing.

"Kiss me."

Her breathing slowed slightly as she watched me. Then she slipped both hands through my hair and complied me as soft as a rose. As pure as a lover kisses their first and last. She put all of the unsaid words between us into that kiss.

Then I returned it until my head spun.

When she finally pulled back from me her eyes held the same dazed look for a moment. I smirked watching her focus on me. Despite herself she winked. I grinned wider and shook my head appraising every line of her face. Loving every inch.

"I don't suppose that's joy I see on your face?" She quipped dryly, just as she had in another time and place.

I shook my head slowly.

"Closer to love."

"It's returned more than you know."

"I think I do know... When you kiss me like that."

"I think I forgot my own name when I kissed you like that." She chuckled.

I let a long breath go through me and wound my arms around her neck. She let me pull her down against my body and lay her head against my shoulder–lips against my skin. We lay like that for many minutes, simply content in our own world. The rise and fall of our breathing and the slow relaxing of our muscles. She was everything. I held it all in my arms. And I wouldn't give it up for anything.

"There is nothing I wouldn't do for you..." I whispered, staring up at the ceiling. "Nothing that would keep me away from you." I mumbled, absently drawing the rope cord around my neck into my hand like an anchor.

I felt the warmth of her hand as it closed around my own and the ring.

"Makayla..."

I tilted my head down at the sudden change in her tone. The weight to it and the seriousness. It made my pulse flash in my veins. Those golden eyes could set my body on fire without a word either way. She swallowed.