Chapter 10

@_mayowa_  You asked me to tag you, I just saw the comment.

Ps: You guys have every right to hate me😭😭😭 I'm so sorry for disappearing!!! Life has been life-ing mehn 😭😭😭

____________
Babafemi's POV

I feel it the minute her bare feet connects with the ground. My skin tingles the second hers connects with the soil of the earth. The energy radiating from her rushes at me, soldiers charging at an enemy. Aisshhh! I hiss as I feel my fangs extending, a response to the protection spell rolling off her in waves. Where did she get it from? Was she under the protection of the ida oloju meji? If she was, who was she to the famed warrior aje that she would cast such a powerful spell over her?

This spell is not a common one. There were general protection spells but this particular strain was made specifically for my kind, for omo iku. This spell took time to cook. Breaking such a spell was no small task. No be anyhow spell. Also, it wasn't worth the consequence that would follow anyway.

I looked on from the shadows, completely one with the night. As she walks towards the gate to close it, I get a full view of her body. She's in a green dress that doesn't quite suit her skin but I feel my body respond to the sight of her anyway, specifically my fangs. Drinking this one's life source would be such an experience specifically because of her height.

You see, omo iku or vampires as we're now contemporarily known as, need blood for our survival. It's that simple. It was the agreement between Iku and his first offspring. The reason we drink blood is not because of uncontrollable blood thirst or because we need to eat. That is a rumor our species sold to hide the truth. The real reason we drink blood is because of survival. Literally. We stop drinking blood long enough and we die. That was the agreement between Iku and his first offspring. We must take life (and life is in the blood) to remain alive.

I have had a woman in my bed every night since I woke up because I woke up weak and on the verge of death. Every night I feed on these women for my survival. Oh! You thought I was having sex with them? How do the millennials say it? Big LOL! A human wouldn't survive sex with a vampire. Forget what the movies and books show you. Intercourse between a human and a vampire is a death sentence for the human. Not that it stops my kind from having sex with them anyways, but I'm not like that. No, don't roll your eyes. I am a man of honor. I take blood only for survival. I didn't ask for this life. It found me. And no, we cannot feed on animal blood. "Good" guys already tried. You don't want to know how that went down.

Yes, we have blood banks across the world but those are reserved for commoners. The life source from blood bags is weaker. I am an elite warrior vampire, I cannot take weak blood. It would put my coterie in danger. Also, drinking a human being is the closest to having sex with them. The experience is pleasurable for them too. That's why there are many who volunteer...

My phone rings, breaking me out of my thoughts. The caller ID on the screen reveals that she is the one calling. I hiss and watch the phone ring till it stops. She is useless to me now. A spell has been placed on her. There is no way I can put her into a trance to drink her blood. It's sad that I've already imprinted myself on her mind and her attraction to me is currently heightened, if I try to drink her blood, it would kill me. A long agonizing death. What a waste! I shake my head as I feel the familiar mush of my bones becoming light as a feather. Like smoke in the face of a heavy wind, I fizz away, becoming one with the night.

"I want to meet with the ida oloju meji. Arrange it." I barely glance at the alufa as I say this. There is an error with the figures in the paperwork they sent me and I am losing my mind over it. Yes. The lore about vampires and numbers is correct.

"She is attending a conference in Lagos and will be out of town for a week. I'll request a meeting with her as soon as she returns."

That is fine with me. I nod my dismissal to the man.

____________________

Another chapter, no date with Mr Deep Voice. We should riot. Maybe the author will take us more seriously then.

Also.... Big reveal coming up!!! Some of you might have already guessed it from the clues in this chapter sha.... STAY TUNED!!! 💅🤗

Ahem... you guys Vote and Comment nao🥺🥺🥺