No Longer A Secret

Sam POV

When we arrive at Joe's parents house I can tell that he is keen to get this over with, he had found it hard to keep the gender to himself and too many times he had nearly let it slip.

He was excited and I found it adorable that he wanted everyone to know that he was going to have a little girl. As excited as I was for the party I was also a little sad, Hannah and Tyler weren't able to make it and I missed them both so much.

Walking round to my side of the car Joe opens the door and helps me get out. He closes the door and then places his hands on my hips pulling me close to him.

"Are you alright?" He asks "I know you're disappointed that Hannah and Tyler can't be here but I promise as soon as we can we will go visit"

"I'm fine" I smile "we can always video call them later"

"Alright let's get this show on the road" he says taking my hand "keeping this secret has damn near killed me"

I chuckle softly as we walk up to the door, Joe pushes it open and let's me in first. His mum had really gone to town, every surface and wall was covered in either pink or blue and there was a huge banner across the room saying boy or girl.

When I look at Joe his eyes are wide and his mouth has fallen open.

"Mom!" He shouts making me jump a little and within seconds his mum enters the room

"Joe, Sam it's lovely to see you" she says moving towards Joe to give him a hug

"Not so fast" he says stopping her "what is that doing up there?" He asks pointing to the banner.

I follow his finger and spot something I had noticed the first time round, next to the word boy is a baby picture and judging me Joe's reaction I'm guessing it's him.

"I thought it would be cute to have your baby pictures up" she says "you were such a beautiful baby"

"But why that one?" He pouts "why the one of me in the bath?" He asks before turning to me as I laugh at the situation "I don't know why you're laughing baby she got you to" he says pointing to the other end of the sign.

As my eyes land on what he's pointing at my laughter stops "oh my god where did you get that?" I ask

"Hannah was kind enough to let me have it" she says

"Hannah?" I ask "but I thought......."

"Surprise aunty Sam and Uncle Roman"

Turning I see Tyler running towards us a crouch as best I can to take him in my arms but instead of coming to me he runs straight to Joe who scoops him up.

"Hey buddy, how you doing?" Joe smiles "did you get bigger?"

"Yeah I'm going to be as big as you one day" he says smiling broadly

"So when were you going to tell me you snuck off and got married?" Hannah asks as she wraps me up in a hug

"I was going to call you later" I say "it's so good to see you, I thought you couldn't make it"

"Trust me we wouldn't be here if Joe hadn't helped me out" she says "he was determined he was going to get us here"

"You knew they were here?" I ask turning to look at Joe

"I knew how much it meant to you for them to be here" he says kissing my forehead "so I made sure they were"

"Thank you" I smile "I love you"

"I love you too" he says "no if you'll excuse me I'm taking that photo down before anyone else gets here"

"Leati Joseph Anoa'i if you touch that photo there will be hell to pay" his mum says stopping him in his tracks

"But mom" he whines and she just crosses her arms standing her ground

"Don't you but mom me" she says "you got married without me the least you can do is let me have this"

"Are you going to help me out here?" He asks looking at me

"No because she's right" I laugh "and besides that is a really cute picture"

Joe looks at us both for a moment before finally admitting defeat. It's not long before we are joined by the rest of the family and his mum has us stood infronf of everyone each with a confetti canon.

"Ready?" She says and we nod

Everyone counts down from 3 to 1 and we pull the canons, as the pink confetti falls around us everyone cheers and Joe places a gentle kiss on my lips.

"Thank god its no longer a secret" he smiles placing his hands on my bump "but I'm telling you next time she goes on vacation I'm finding the original photo and destroying it"

"No you're not" I chuckle "that photo is a precious memory for her  you can't take that away from her"

"Alright you win" he sighs "even though it is completely embarrassing"

Embarrassing as the photos were it was a small price to pay for getting married without his mum there and I'd take this over her being upset or angry any day.