Out Of Our Lives

Sam POV

Sitting in my lawyers office staring at the documents he had just handed me I couldn't believe what I was seeing or that I had been so stupid. Not only was Jake's story a lie but the conversations had been done on his and Liv's phone, which explain why the documents he gave me hadn't shown a phone number.

"So he faked the whole thing" I say not looking up "And I fell for it, and now I've lost Joe"

"We found out something else" he says handing me another document

"Liv is pregnant!" I gasp "Is this why he wants that money?"

"It's more like to do with the debts he has accumulated" My lawyer says "now you wanted to know if there was a way to just give him the money without having to marry him is that correct?"

"Yes I just want him out of our lives" I sigh "Please tell me I don't have to marry him tomorrow"

"Whilst reviewing your father's will I found that he had added an additional clause to the spousal stipulation shortly before he passed" he says "he has stated that in the event that you were to be with child before you were married the money should be put into a trust for the child, so you don't have to marry him because the money has gone to some one else"

Taking in his words I subtly place a hand over my stomach, I had only found out this morning and hadn't told anyone so how could he possibly have known?

"How did you know?" I ask a little confused

"Know what?" he asks his own confusion showing

"I only found out this morning" I say "I haven't told anyone"

"Oh I didn't" he says "The money has been put in trust for a Tyler Ward"

"Tyler?" I ask "but he's not mine"

"Your father never stipulated that the child had to be yours" he says "there was a note added that he was aware you were carrying a child for some one else and that that child should get the money, now I can arrange for the money to be split between both children but the final decision is yours"

"Yes please do that" I say "Now back to Jake's debt, will the money my father left me cover it?"

"Why on earth would you want to pay that man's debts?" he asks looking shocked

"Because there is a baby involved" I say "and despite who it's parents are that child deserves the best start in life"

"Very well, in answer to your question it would barely make a dent in that money" he says "it would be no great loss to you"

"Then please go ahead and have a cheque made" I say "I don't need to know the amount"

Joe POV

"I swear of he doesn't get that proof to me before I get to Missouri I don't know what I'm going to do" I say pacing around the departure lounge

"Uce sit down you're starting to make me anxious" Jey says

"I'm sorry I just can't let her marry that jackass" I say sitting down "If she does I lose her for good and I can't live with that"

When Hannah had called and told me what was happening I had felt what was left of my heart shatter. I knew proof or not I had to at least try and stop her, I couldn't just sit back and let this happen.

"Uce I promise you she will not be marrying that man" Jimmy says "even if I have to kidnap her myself and make sure they miss their slot, it's not going to happen"

"I really hope it doesn't come to that" I sigh "I just need a moment alone with her, to talk to her, I know I can make her see she's marrying the wrong man"

Our flight is called and we head to the gate,  I could only hope that when I got there that she would talk to me and that asshole will finally get what he deserves.

Sam POV

When I got home from my lawyers the first thing I had done was call Hannah, I had asked her to come over because I didn't want to explain everything over the phone since her son was inheriting a large sum of money.

"I knew your dad didn't like Jake" she says "but I'm shocked that he's left that money to Tyler"

"Well half of it is for Tyler" I say "The other half as been put in a separate trust"

"Separate trust? I don't......oh my god!" she gasps her eyes widening "Does Joe know?" she asks

"Not yet" I sigh "I tried to call him but his phone was off, I'll try again later"

"So what are you going to do about Jake?" she asks

"Pay off his debt and get him out of my life" I say and her mouth drops open

"Are you crazy?" she asks "Have you actually lost your god damn mind? Why the hell would you help him?"

"Live is pregnant" I say "and that child deserves the best start in life, that's what I'm doing it for, not him, not Liv"

"You are far too nice" she says "Do you think you and Joe can work things out?" she asks

"I don't know" I sigh "I know this will have hurt him, so it's down to whether or not he can forgive me, I never should have doubted him"

"but you didn't doubt him completely" she says "the fact that you looked into Jake's claims shows that, you obviously weren't fully convinced"

"I needed to be sure" I say "For their sake as well as my own" I say placing a hand on my stomach