Season 1 - Part 3

Start from the beginning

Callum: The assassins . . .

Rayla: Yes, and I need to show them the egg to stop them. Just give it to me.

Ezran looked at Bait who croaked in response.

Ezran: . . . I'll take you to the roof.

He said as they kept going.

More time had passed as Rayla makes it outside on top of the castle wall.

Rayla: You're here. I know you are.

Runaan: Rayla.

Rayla turned to see Runaan.

Runaan: You defied me.

Rayla: Runaan, you need to call off the mission.

Runaan: Have you lost your mind?

Rayla: Please, listen to me. I found something. The egg of the Dragon Prince.

Runaan: That's impossible.

Rayla: The egg wasn't destroyed, it was stolen. Their High Mage was going to use it for dark magic, but the human princes found it, and they're only trying to help-

Runaan: No. Humans are liars. This is a trick and a trap. You're a fool, Rayla.

Callum: She's not a fool. She's telling the truth.

Runaan readies his bow as Callum gets in a stance.

Runaan: You made a terrible mistake.

Callum: Ez, show him.

He said as Ezran brought the egg.

Runaan: It . . . it's beautiful.

Rayla: How can we take vengeance for an act that never happened? You have to call it off.

Runaan: Rayla, you know it doesn't work that way. We bound ourselves. And there is only one way to release.

Rayla: Runaan, please. There has to be another way. This is a miracle, a chance for peace.

Runaan: The humans struck down the King of the Dragons. Justice will not be denied. Now, give me the egg.

Rayla: Callum, Ezran, go.

She said as she got her weapons out.

Callum: But-

Rayla: Just keep the egg safe.

Callum & Ezran then ran away as Rayla and Runaan stare each other down as the clouds move away to reveal the full moon.

Callum looked back only to see Rayla and Runaan become nearly invisible as their blades clashed.

Callum: So cool!

He said as they ran into the courtyard, Callum stops as he puts his stuff in a hay wagon and helps Ezran in it with Bait and the egg.

Callum: Stay here, okay Ez? Keep the egg safe. I'm gonna talk to the King.

Ezran: Callum, why don't you just call him "Dad"?

Callum: Because he's the King. And . . . it's not like I'm his real son.

Ezran: Well, I think he'd want you to call him "Dad", if you wanted to.

Callum gave his brother a smile.

Callum: I'll be back soon, okay?

He says before leaving, heading inside as he pushed past several guards and stopping at the doors with Soren and a few guards present.

Soren: Woah, slow down there, step-prince. The King's kinda busy right now, you know, trying not to die and all.

Callum: I know, but I need to see him.