「Phase 116」The Rabbit on the Moon

Mulai dari awal

No way - that wasn't possible. Not at all!

But... but...!

The faint sound of a giggle followed and Usagi turned to the direction it came from.

A... tree?

Was the tree talking...?!

Then, answering some of Usagi's questions, a girl jumped down from the tree and somehow managed to land perfectly on her feet. Usagi's jaw dropped and the girl giggled again.

The girl had strawberry-blonde hair, which she wore down with a ribbon headband. She wore a pastel pink top and white hoodie, dark leggings, and pastel pink trainers that matched her top.

She smiled brightly, extending her hand.

"I'm Fujimori Asuna, a third-year at Celestial Academy's high school division! Nice to meet you."

"...Nice to meet you," Usagi whispered, slowly shaking the mysterious girl's hand. Then, as she slowly became more comfortable with the situation, she smiled. "Are you sure? You look like a middle schooler or something."

Asuna's face flushed red. "H-hey! I know I'm short and a late bloomer but I'm still a high-school student at heart!'

Usagi giggled awkwardly. "Well, I'm-"

"Kazami Usagi-chan, right? I know all about you!"

"Y-y-you do?!"

Asuna nodded. "You're the idol who brought my beloved Blossom❀Daylight back from the dead. Of course I'd know you."

Usagi's expression lit up. "You wear this brand too?!"

If there was another idol who loved Blossom❀Daylight just like Usagi did, maybe Arata would continue to design...!

"I used to. I even used to be the muse! But then financial troubles and, well, as much as I tried to argue with him, he wouldn't design again... then, five years later, I heard the news that a certain idol convinced him to take up his craft once again! Even though my heart belongs to Sweet Fairytale nowadays, I was so relieved...! So, thank you, Usagi-chan."

Usagi turned red and shook her head rapidly. "Nonono, I didn't do anything special! Anyone could do what I did! It's really fine!"

Asuna frowned. "Anyone could?"

"I'm pretty sure!" Usagi insisted. She took a deep breath, trying to calm herself down. "Anyway, I kinda need to speak to Kaidou-san soon... if that's okay."

"He's not in."

"He's not?!"

"He won't be in for the next few hours," Asuna continued, "Until then, want to hang out?"

"Hang out?"

"We're friends now and we're both waiting for Kaidou-san to come back. We might as well hang out. Look, it's even Tsukimi soon - we should check out the festivities!"

Tsukimi?

Usagi jumped up. "Nice to meet you! I'm-"

"Usaki-chan, right?" Minori asked, and Usagi tilted her head.

"Usaki?"

"It's a mixture of Usagi and Tsukimi," Minori explained, "I thought of it just now."

"Woah!"

Usagi flinched.

"...You're sure, Fujimori-senpai?"