Chapter 16

Y/N POV
You take a look back to Lizzie and lock eyes with her. She smiles at you and it warms your heart.

"Is this everything?", you ask the police officer.

"Yeah, I'll contact you if we need anything else.", he nods and you make your way back to Lizzie.

Right now, she seems pretty collected, but that might be 'cause she's still in shock. You remember your first attack vividly and how you and Casey helped each other to process everything.

"Hey.", you say softly as you approach them.

"Hey, are you done with your statement?", Scarlett asks.

"I am, yes. But the police won't go for a while. They still have to do their whole interrogation. Interviewing everyone, securing evidence and stuff like that. So, you won't have to work today maybe not even tomorrow. The director and the producers want to give everyone a bit time for themselves to process everything.", you explain.

"That's good, I'm not sure if I could work after this whole mess.", Scarlett replies.

"Same! I mean, this man is crazy. I'll probably get nightmares because of him.", Florence complains.

Lizzie doesn't say anything. Her gaze is still upon the police officers in the background.

"You okay?", you ask and nudge her slightly to get her attention.

"Huh? Yeah, I'm fine. It was just a lot."

You nod.

"Well, I better get going. I really want to see my family now.", Scarlett states and says goodbye.

"We should also head home.", you suggest to Lizzie.

"Yeah, that's probably a good idea."

"Mind if I join you?", Flo asks. "I don't really want to be alone right now."

"Of course, you can come with us.", Lizzie flashes her a warm smile.

Alfred drives Lizzie and Flo with the car, while you take your motorcycle. 20 minutes later you meet again in front of Lizzie's house.

"So, what's your plan for the end of the day? Do you want me to stay or should I go?", you ask, unsure of what to do.

"Stay!", Lizzie says quickly. "I mean, it would be nice if you could stay a little longer and keep us some company."

"Sure, I can do that."

"Great! I'm looking forward to get to know you a little better.", Florence says with a huge smile on her face.

"That's perfect, because I want that too.", you say matching her energy.

Lizzie opens up the door and you follow them inside.

"I don't know about you, but I'm pretty hungry.", Lizzie says as she takes off her jacket.

"Me too! Maybe we can cook something?", Florence suggests.

"I'm not a good cook, but I surely can help if you tell me what to do."

"Great!", Florence claps her hands. "Lizzie, what shall we cook?"

"Hmm, I think I'd like some chicken and maybe some rosemary potatoes."

"Oh yes, that sounds good! Let's start, shall we?"

Lizzie and Florence begin immediately to roam around the kitchen, taking everything out they plan on using while mumbling here and there about how exactly they want the meal to be. You smile to yourself at Florence's bubbly energy. She talks like a waterfall and is always so enthusiastic. Lizzie seems to be in thoughts but she smiles occasionally to the stories Florence's telling and shares her opinion here and there.

"Maybe you should do a cooking with Flo and Lizzie some time.", you suggest.

Florence beams. "Yeah totally, that would be so cool!"

"Yes, I'm sure it'd be fun.", Lizzie agrees.

30 minutes later the smell of a delicious meal fills the kitchen. You set the table and sit down with the other two.

"Hmm, it's really good.", you praise them as you take your first bite.

"It is, right?", Florence agrees.

"Yeah, I like it too.", Lizzie smiles softly.

You eat in a comfortable silence.

Since Lizzie and Florence cooked, you offer to clean the kitchen. While you're tidying up, the other two decide to go to the living room and watch a movie. The faint noises of the tv create a comfortable homey atmosphere. It almost feels like you belong here. You make your way back to them, after you finished to clean up.
The scene you see makes you smile: Lizzie and Flo are cuddled up under a big fluffy blanket. Soft snores let you know that Florence is fast asleep. As Lizzie notices you, her gaze shifts from the tv up to you.

"She fell asleep as soon as the film started.", she shares with you.

You chuckle. "It was an eventful day. You should get some sleep too.", you whisper.

"I can't. I have too much on my mind right now."

"Do you want to talk?"

She nods and gets up carefully to not wake Florence up. She takes another blanket with her, grabs your hand, and walks with you to her garden. It is already dark outside, but at least it isn't cold. You take a seat on a bench and she places the blanket on top of you both.

"Thanks again for being there for me.", Lizzie says while fidgeting with her fingers.

"No problem, that's what I'm here for.", you flash her a smile.

"When he came in with that gun, I was terrified. I had absolutely no idea what to do."

"That's completely normal. There wasn't anything you could do.", you assure her.

"You knew what to do."

"That is because I was trained to handle situations like this one. But believe it or not, I was scared too."

"You were?"

You nod. "I was scared to lose you.", you admit quietly. "I can't lose another person I care about to such a brutal violence."

"I was scared to lose you too. Almost didn't push the button."

"Now that's just stupid.", you laugh a bit. "The emergency button is exactly for that kind of situations."

"I know, but still."

"Don't worry, Lizzie. I'm not that easy to kill."

She hums and looks up to the sky. You shift your gaze to her face, admiring all her features as the reflection of the stars sparkles in her emerald eyes like there are whole galaxies hidden in them.

"What?", Lizzie asks as she notices you.

You try to hide your smile.

"What is it?", she laughs.

"Nothing, I'm just looking at you."

"Take a picture, it lasts longer.", she teases you.

You roll your eyes playfully and shift your gaze to the sky. You never get tired of looking at the stars. It's almost mesmerizing. Suddenly you feel Lizzie's hand slid between the cracks of your own.

"Thanks for staying with me, Y/N."

"Anytime." You squeeze her hand and she lays her head upon your shoulder. First you tense up, not knowing how to react, but then you relax and begin to enjoy her being so close to you.

"Anytime.", you whisper again and turn your head to kiss her hair.

Damn, what is this woman doing to you? All you want to do is make sure that she's safe. Although you only know her for a few weeks, she has a hold on your heart, you can't explain. And it scares you to death. The last time you felt something similar, you lost that person forever and it teared you apart. Is it safe to let yourself feel again or should you shove these upcoming feelings away and keep your distance, like you planned to?

Hey guys, how are you? Finally a new chapter!🥳 I hope you like it.
Don't forget to drink some water and take care of yourselves!
Love you and see you in the next chapter👋🏻