Kyoto Protocol (Part Three)

Start from the beginning

I chuckled as I pulled Someone-san gently and followed the manager. He led us into the VIP room, pulled us our chairs, and as we sat down, he bowed a little before asking me.

"Shall we get the menu for you? What would you like to have for your breakfast?" he asked reverently. I shook my head.
"No, no. That's alright. I prefer to pick my own food. We'll explore the buffet ourselves. Thank you very much!" I said.
"Very well. Please enjoy your breakfast!" he said, bowing deeply.

He left Someone-san and I, and I turned and smiled at my chaperone.

"You go get your food first, I'll wait," he smiled.
"Okay!" I said, taking the offer up.

I stood up and walked outside of the room to the buffet. Gohs. Everything here looked so good! I wanted to try it all, and I planned to do just that. I grabbed a plate and started filling it with food. A few minutes later, I came back to the VIP room, finding Someone-san enjoying a cup of coffee. His eyes widened when he saw my plate.

"Jesus, Momo! You got breakfast, lunch, and dinner settled on that plate!" he joked. I laughed and slapped his arm.
"Oi! A girl's gotta eat!" I defended myself, picking up my cutleries. He chuckled.
"Alright, alright," he said in defeat, before standing up, "I'm gonna get my food."

I happily started munching on an omelette as I waited for him to return. He came back a few minutes later with a bowl of rice, miso soup, and an onsen egg. I gasped.

"That's all you're gonna eat?" I asked incredulously as he settled back down. He nodded.
"Yup. This is just enough for me," he replied as he removed his mask.

He once again muttered a quiet prayer before pouring his egg over his bowl of rice.

"Wow... You sure are missing out on a lot, then..." I uttered. He chuckled.
"Momo, when you're constantly running from one of the biggest criminal networks in the world, the luxury of time is not something you always have, hence my breakfast," he said calmly.
"A–Ah... Right. Sorry," I trailed off, feeling guilty about bringing up the subject.

He smiled, but didn't say anything. We continued eating our breakfast in silence. After a while, he looked up at me and started a conversation.

"So... Visiting your family today?" he asked. I gasped.
"Oh, right! I forgot to tell you! Okaasan called last night after we got back. Turns out Hana-nee chan and Otousan have some business to attend to, and they won't be back home until Friday," I said. His eyes widened.
"Friday? But that's... You're flying off on Saturday, right?" he asked. I nodded.
"Yeah... So... I gotta change all my plans," I said, chuckling, "That's alright! I love doing things without planning!"

He chuckled and continued eating his rice.

"So... What do you wanna do today, then? And... This week?" he asked. I thought for a moment.
"I don't mind doing some sightseeing for the next few days," I grinned. "Where should we go first today?"

He smiled.

"I think I've got some ideas. Come on, let's finish our breakfast and we can plan in your suite!"

I nodded, and we finished our breakfast. Well, more like it was me trying to finish everything on my plate, but he waited patiently, playing with his phone. After we were done, we walked back to the Takagamine Suite. Suddenly, I had an idea. I chuckled and looked at him.

"You know what, Someone-san... Let's not plan anything! I think we should just wing it!" I said cheerfully. His eyes widened.
"E–Eh? B-But..."
"But what? Gosh, you gotta be more carefree in life, Someone-san!" I giggled.

Even though he was wearing a mask, I could see that he was opening his mouth to protest, so I decided to not give him the chance.

"To start with: Let's not take your car!" I said. His eyes widened.
"O–Oi! That's for our own safety!" he protested. I chuckled.
"What's the difference? You dined with me without your mask on at Sakura Burger last night, remember? There were a lot of people there, and here you are, safe. You said yourself that Sana and the IPG are protecting you this week... So..."