Love Foolish: Friendzone

Start from the beginning

The thing is, I never considered myself lesbian, or a bisexual girl. I was a Christian, a devoted and active one, so I knew it was wrong. But... Out of my 19 years of living, I had never once fallen in love with a boy. I was never interested in dating, to be honest. Maybe I was too young, maybe I was too foolish, but I never had any relationship. I knew some boys were attracted to me back in school, I even knew some male idols were eyeing me after my debut, but... I never entertained the thought.

I chuckled silently. That was ironic. For someone who never entertained the thought of dating, here I was, laying naked on a bed in a hotel in Switzerland with two absolutely gorgeous girls, and I had just lost my virginity to them. And man... What a way to lose it. I sighed. Sana looked up and smiled.

"Did you enjoy it, Dubu? It was your first time, right?" asked Sana.

I smiled and nodded. I was being honest.

"Yes, Unnie... So much... Thank you..." I whispered. She scrunched her nose and kissed my lips.
"Tell us anytime you want to do it, okay?" said Jeongyeon as she leaned in to kiss my cheek.
"Ya..." I uttered tiredly.

The couple laughed and rested their heads on the pillow by my sides. I flung my eyes outside the window. I could see the rooftops of the old buildings surrounding our hotel in Bern, and I could see the Swiss Alps in the background... We were going to climb the mountains the day after. Switzerland was indeed beautiful, and I was glad that we got to spend some time in this beautiful country.

Sana placed her hand on my tits and started toying with my inverted nipple, trying to get it to perk up again

Sana placed her hand on my tits and started toying with my inverted nipple, trying to get it to perk up again. I giggled and slapped her arm off my tits, and she chuckled mischievously.

"Aaw... But I want more~" she sulked jokingly. Her girlfriend smirked.
"Ya... Calm your horny ass down, Sha... She has a date, remember?" she said. Sana gasped.
"Oh, that's right! Dubu's going on a date tonight!" she said.
"Ya! Unnie! It's not a date!" I exclaimed in protest.

Even though I was protesting, I felt my face blushing. I was meeting a friend tonight, a boy, but it was definitely not a date. Not by a long shot.

"Really? But you're meeting a boy, right? Who's his name again...?" Sana asked, trying to remember. I sighed exasperatedly.
"Unnie... It's Hyunwoo! Don't you remember him? He was a fellow trainee in our batch!" I said.

Sana stared at me quizzically, evidently not remembering his name. I chuckled. Of course Sana wouldn't remember him. Hyunwoo wasn't the most handsome nor the most talented trainee, and Sana was already busy eyeing Jeongyeon since the first day we entered the JYPE training room, so she must have overlooked him. But to me... Hyunwoo was a friend, a good friend.

He was from Seoul, and he joined JYPE in the same batch of trainees that included Sana, Momo, and I, among others back in 2012. Other than the girls that would eventually become Twice, I was closest to him.

Hyunwoo was always different. While his visuals definitely fit what it would take to be a K-pop idol, his voice wasn't. His voice was more... Operatic. He was a tenor. His voice was powerful, loud, and bold, more suitable for the musical theatre genres. I remembered JYP PD-nim commenting one time that he almost cried when he heard Hyunwoo singing a slow ballad, because it felt like he was listening to a moving national anthem. He was right.