Chapter 4: Bard

"Thanks for the help, Erlund. Schulz, you should learn better from the way he forges those tools. Make it precise, and do not hurry. Take time with steel, and it will become as sharp as a razor." Wagner waved at Erlund, who had left after helping out the blacksmith.

Erlund, strolling across the city of Mondstadt, bought some of Mondstadt's Chicken-Mushroom Skewer from the nearby vendor.

"That would be 450 Mora, Honorary Knight." The vendor smiled as he received the 450 coins from the Dragonborn.

Looking at the remaining Mora, he wandered what came of the origin for this to be called Mora, since a septim in Skyrim originated the Septim Empire founded by Tiber Septim himself. Looking carefully at the details of the gold coin, it had an odd shape, which shows a figure with three different points and a triangle behind it.

As he chews on the chicken skewered on a stick, the Dragonborn noticed a familiar-looking person in a green outfit in the corner of his eye. The green cape that flaps along the wind made Erlund look towards where the person was heading.

I think I have seen that person before. Erlund thought as he tried to follow the direction of the mysterious person in a green outfit.

As he walked briskly behind the green-caped bard, he watched the surroundings as it seemed that no crowds appeared to bat an eye to this person except for one.

Erlund immediately realized that he was not the only one following this person as he looked in the direction where the Traveler and his tiny companion followed this Green Fellow.

Surprisingly, the Traveler didn't notice who was behind this green bard as he seemed too focused on following the person who appeared to be way similar to the person who was talking to the dragon.

Erlund then witnessed how the seemingly way too feminine person used the wind to relocate on the wall. Dumbfounded that this person can manipulate the winds means that this might be a thief or just a show-off.

When the Traveler arrived on that same wall, he became confused about how that person had disappeared.

"Paimon thinks that guy must have climbed the wall. Let's get up there. He might be above." Paimon suggested.

Aether then jumped as he hooked his fingers on the uneven surfaces of the wall. He then climbed up on the wall in a matter of twenty seconds.

Erlund used the stairs just a few meters ahead of him, wondering if Aether must have been stupid or too tunnel-visioned to look at the stairs that are literally just beside them.

Either that tiny atronach and that boy are too dense, or both of them are too focused on following that guy. Erlund thought as he climbed up the stairs, which revealed that the person in the green outfit held a lyre.

The crowd gathers around the bard as it seems that he might start his little songs to play.

What a strange fellow. Are bards like that here in Teyvat? He thought as if maybe he might just be a particular case.

The Dragonborn then leaned his body on the pillars as he seemed interested on what song this bard might sing.

The bard plays the lyre as he tells the story of the time when Archons still walked on earth—a story of how an Anemo plays his lyre while the dragon sings along with him. The two became close friends as it seems as they play along like a dancer dancing to the lyre's tunes. However, a rogue dragon flew over Mondstadt that brought death over the town's citizens. This brought the two dragons to a brutal war. Over time the war has ended, leaving wounds on the dragon who was once the Archon's friend. For centuries it suffered from its injuries, and its infection has spread. No longer did the tunes reach out to him—no one to soothe his pain. The dragon is abandoned. Betrayal has been felt on its tears as red tear crystals are dropped.