He laughed with her. "Prolly, I dunno." Then, turning to prop himself on his sides, Eli got a better look at Frances. Even the full contact of her beauty facing him, there was profound guilt that swarmed the look in his eyes. It was with hesitation that he lowered his gaze to the sheets. And after a while, he drummed up another confession. "I got this habit of fallin' too hard. And with how good this time was with you, I can already see the temptation in sticking around." 

And suddenly, she dragged his body back down into the mattress, where she climb on top of him once again. To feel his hand on her face some more sent her into a disarray, but she couldn't help but bask in the sensations his touch was giving. "When do you leave?" She asked him. 

"In the mornin'." He answered.

"And do you even wanna go?" 

"I have to."

"That wasn't what I asked." 

Eli sighed. Resting underneath her, he pushed some of her brown hair to the side. Not much was needed to think about her question. He knew he didn't want to go. He also knew that he didn't want to stay here either.

He was at a loss. unsure of his life and all the ways it turned on him. Much like how Frances felt, he too dwelled in the loneliness granted by all of his past circumstances. Deep down, he knew Kelly didn't really need him as much as she claimed. And from the few days he's seen Marcus roaming around with Cora on his arm, he could tell that the closest thing he had to a younger brother was all grown up now. 

For once, he was unneeded, his purpose as the moral crutch ceased to uselessness. 

And so, as he leaned his way back up to kiss Frances once more, his touch released itself from the side of her face.

But she didn't let him leave. Her grasp was on his wrist, pressing his hand still so closely to her pink cheeks. Then, they shared another kiss, by now having gotten so used to one another's mouths. 

"I'd rather go with you," She then said. "I'll take the rest of the week off, that way I be there for you. And when we come back, we'll figure out what's next." 

"Hol' up..." He twisted them again until she was back at his side while he looked down at her with perplexity. "I ain't gonna let you just pack your shit and follow me." 

"I've always wanted to see Georgia!" She defended. "Besides, I can't just let you give up on the life you were trying to build out here. You said it yourself, there's no one else you got down there. So you go and you'll be just as alone there than you are here with me and Alex." 

"But you're talkin' about flyin' with me to see family that I never even met before."

"Yeah, I know." She stated casually. And with a shrug, she asked him a question that stunted him more than almost anything ever has.

"So why not?"