Gideon looked to Tarrin then who nodded once in reply. He sighed and turned back to me, "Alright. Now that that's settled, we must move on to the matter at hand."

"The one where the bastard angel gave our Ronnie an ultimatum to surrender to him tomorrow? I don't think so." Hermes materialized out of nowhere next to Warren and took a sip out of the martini glass he held.

"Well if you have anything else in mind, the floor is all yours, Hermes." Taylor taunted.

Hermes scoffed and placed his beverage on the table behind him. "I don't like your tone, demon."

"Enough," Warren cut in and settled his arm around Hermes' shoulders to pull him back. Hermes didn't seem even the least bit bothered by his boyfriend's show of placation. "It's best if we talk about this objectively. We need to outsmart Demeter and Nixon."

"But how do we do just that?" Olivia asked ruefully. "I'm sorry, but we have to accept the fact that we have no more options. We can't do anything anymore."

I wanted to chime in and tell them that there was always that other option, but they always refused to acknowledge it. I hated how they acted as if it were a hopeless cause because really, it was easy.

No. You are not giving up your life, Ver.

I rolled my eyes at his voice and fiddled with my fingers, I thought you said you'd support me if I wanted to.

I would, but it doesn't mean I want it to happen. Which is exactly why we're here. To prevent it from happening.

It's a waste of time is what it is, I ran a hand through my loose hair when I felt Lore's power fill the room. Don't do that. This stays between us, Lore.

He chuckled in my head when I felt his power pull back. I wanted to turn around even though I already knew he was leaning against the wall, arms crossed and his blue eyes dead set on me.

Even though he knew he carried the highest power and authority, he always strayed away from the spotlight unless he needed to be. It was one of the few things I admired him for, not that I would ever admit it to him.

"Okay, maybe there's some sort of loophole to the prophecy. What is it, exactly?" Taylor asked in her conversation with the others.

Everyone turned to Lore then, excluding me. I kept my gaze on Tarrin's desk when I felt him loom over me from behind. He placed his hands on the couch and cleared his throat, "The child of Demeter shall bring retribution to the darkness of the divine and reign as their Queen of Nothing and Every Thing."

"So there is nothing about mass genocide! See?" Olivia exclaimed.

"She will conquer realms with the death she holds and cleanse it with the blood she spills." Lore continued with resolution in his tone.

Olivia's face dropped. "Oh."

"I'm not even going to lie. That sounds extremely specific." Warren shrugged and turned to me, "Guess this is goodbye."

I gave him a smile before resting my head all the way to the back of the couch and looked directly at Lore who already had his head bent down to face me. "Told you we should just go with the easy choice."