"We can make it a volunteer basis. Lay the cards on the table, allow the men to choose their fates."

"I fear that not many will step forward. I perceive that the men do not appreciate their Queen. They simply do not like a woman aboard their ship. Bad luck and all."

"Hmm." Burnt hums. "The good commodore certainly is making things rather difficult."

"You speak only truth Mr. Hayden." John snorts.

John drops his head scratching at the back of his scalp. He scoffs, staring down at the dark sparkling water. His options were limited, miracles at best. He feels like a man on his last rope watching his enemy hack at the braided material.

"I just need him to stop." John mutters.

"The air is heavy. A storm would slow them down." Burnt offers.

John lifts his head, glimpsing over at his old friend. Burnt twists his mouth, resting his meaty hands on his hips. John sighs, massaging at his temples.

"The air is not pressurized enough to produce a storm of that level. The sea herself would need to be in turmoil for them to even heave to."

"Well, unless they have a skilled navigator. Gibbons could handle The Cyclone in a wee storm easily."

John drops his head, groaning dramatically, "You are not helping Hayden."

Burnt chuckles deeply, hardily smacking John's back. John grunts, gazing over at the broadly grinning face. He chuckles, shaking his head fondly. The captain straightens, stretching the taunt muscles in his back and shoulders. The deep green eyes stare out over the waters falling into the void.

"Whatever you two are planning I want in on it." Charlie announces.

John's eyebrows shot to his hairline. He glances about his shoulder at Charlie standing in the dim glow of the moon. A hand rests upon his hip while he stares down the two older men with a tilt to his head. John exchanges a small glance with Burnt, turning about to fully face the younger man.

"What makes you think we're plotting?" Burnt challenges.

"Please." Charlie scoffs.

John rests his backside against the railing hooking a hand on his belt. Charlie moistens his lips cautiously approaching. John scoffs as the young seaman keeps himself just out of reach of the two men. He narrows his eyes, scrutinizing Charlie's softening features.

"Captain." Charlie pauses, finding his tongue. "Captain. My words earlier were rather harsh. I know that you would not leave Joe in their hands. My words. They." Charlie pauses, glancing down at the decking. He sighs heavily, locking silver eyes on deep green. "They should have never been uttered, Captain."

John rolls his eyes over to Burnt. Charlie was showing great humility in admitting that he was in the wrong. This act of valor shows that he was taking John's harsh criticism to heart. There may hope for this boy yet. John smirks. He sighs happily, clamping a heavy hand down on the young man's shoulder. Charlie flinches, blinking his eyes several times as John drags him closer to the pair. A long arm wraps around the back of his neck, forcing the taller man to slouch. Charlie grunts, eyeing the devilishly smirking John out of the corner of his eye.

"We are trying to figure out the best way to get men onto the ship and get our crewmates off. An all-out boarding is not an option. And she won't heel-to long enough to get a small party in a shore-boat over there." John states.

"Why not an all-out boarding? We have attacked and conquered ships of that size before." Charlie challenges.

"The issue being we don't have enough information." Burnt offers. "Many ships we hunt are not naval trained nor do they know of our presence and the cargo we are after."