"No problem," I laughed and started walking again.

"Wait," Jame said.

Dylan groaned. "What now?"

James looked around cautiously. "Did you guys hear that?"

"Hear what?" I asked.

There was a snap of a twig and a rustle of leaves.

"That," James said.

"I think there's just someone else in the forest," Alison said.

"Yeah," Ariane smirked. "Stop being such a –"

Three figures stepped out of the shadows of the forest. "Well, well, well, look who it is."

Calvin was the first one to pick out who it was. "Nate!"

"Hey there little buddy," Nate laughed, ruffling Calvin's hair.

"Want some chocolate?" Calvin asked. "Sarah gave it to me."

Nate looked at me deviously. "Did she now?"

Calvin nodded. "Mhm."

A dark haired boy beside Nate eyed me up and down. "So this is the famous Sarah," he scoffed.

"You never told me she was a looker,” the other boy said, smiling at me. He had light blonde hair and grey eyes, with freckles scattered across his cheeks.

Nate's face hardened. "Hey," he glared at the blonde.

"Sorry man. Didn't know you liked her," the blonde replied, raising his hands in the air.

"I don't like her," Nate said shrewdly.

I rolled my eyes and cut into their conversation. "What are you doing here?"

"Saw that you were going on a trip. Decided to join you," Nate shrugged.

"How did you even know we were going on a trip?"

"You left a note on in the main room," he said.

"Oh,” I said.

The dark haired boy looked around at us and smiled. “Well let’s get going.”

The others looked at me and when I didn’t say anything, they followed him through the forest. I waited until Nate caught up. We walked side by side, trailing behind everyone else.

“So what exactly are you doing here?” I hissed.

“I can’t join my camp group on their hike?” he asked innocently.

“You and I both know that’s not the case,” I said.

He laughed. “You’re right. That isn’t the case.”

“Then why are you here? Why did you come back?”

Nate looked at me with an amused expression. “To have some fun.”

Without letting me respond, he quickened his pace and walked ahead. I made no move to catch up.

“This is dangerous!” Alison announced, shrinking into the single seat of her kayak.

We finally reached the end of the forest at around 2:30. After eating our sandwiches, we decided to go canoeing/kayaking. Ariane and Dylan didn’t want to come (I suspect a possible romance there) and neither did any of the kids because, surprisingly, they all didn’t know how to swim and were afraid of water. It was too late today to teach them, but I’ve got my heart set on at least having all of them learn how to swim before the summer was over.

Me, Jackson, James, Alison, Nate and his 2 friends who were named Drew (dark haired) and Damien (blonde haired) walked to the dock to get our boats. When the manager heard that we were from Camp Fun, he gave us a free ride and told us to say hi to Marvin. I didn’t tell him Marvin ran away. We got 2 canoes, one for James and Jackson and another for Drew, Damien and Nate, and 2 kayaks, one for me and Alison each.

“Man up,” Jackson said, laughing at Alison.

Alison threw him a cold glare. “I don’t know how to swim.”

“It’s okay,” Jackson said, paddling closer to her. “I’ll save you if you drown.”

A smile crept to my cheeks. They were so cute.

“Stop flirting you guys and focus,” I teased, racing past them.

Glancing over my shoulder, I laughed as I watched a deep red blush creep into both their cheeks.

“Hey, Sarah!” Drew called from behind.

“Yeah?” I yelled, not bothering to turn around.

“Can you come back and help us? We’re kinda of…stuck.”

I sighed and turned my kayak around. Since James and Jackson were already so far ahead, I only told Alison where I was going. After that, I pushed my paddle and rowed to where I heard them from. It took me a while to find them; they were so far back, almost like they didn’t even move much.

When they came into my sight, I stopped moving. “What do you guys need help with?”

Damien waved me over. “There this seaweed thing caught onto one of the bolts under the canoe. We can’t reach it, but if you stick your paddle down, maybe you can loosen it.”

Looking at them sceptically, I rowed to their boat. Nate watched me glumly.

“What’s his problem?” I said, nodding to Nate.

“Seasick,” Drew said easily.

I snorted. “Loser.”

Reaching over, I swiped my paddle at the water underneath their canoe, feeling nothing. “Are you guys sure that –”

Before I could finish my question, something hard bumped into my kayak and it shook violently.

“Damn it, what the heck?” I said, gripping onto the sides. In the process, I let go of my paddle and it floated away from my slowly.

Another hard thump hit the side, flipping my kayak over. I submerged in cold water. Flailing my arms around, I rose out of the water, bobbling with the support of my life jacket. When the water dripped away from my eyes, I opened them, expecting Drew, Damien or Nate trying to help me. No such thing happened. Instead, they were pushing my kayak further down the river while laughing at me. Nate sat awkwardly on the end of the canoe, making no effort to help. At least he wasn’t laughing.

“Dude, what the frig is wrong with you? Help me up,” I screamed.

“Sorry girl, no can do,” Damien laughed. He raised his paddle and hit me across the head.

Stars flashed around in my head before I sank into darkness, their taunting laughs fading with the light.

--------------

OH SNAP!

vote/comment! :D