Chapter |21| Two Wishes

Comincia dall'inizio

I giggled. "She convinced you to get a cat tattoo?"

He mocked offence. "Hey! I managed to talk her down from a Garfield tattoo plastered over my chest. It's small but she knows it's there, and that's all that matters."

"You're so good with her. You're so good with Anastasia. The best brother," I pecked his lips. "The best father." Then the silence lingered on as I debated asking the question that had burning in my mind.

"What is it?" It was crazy how this man could almost read my mind.

"Do you want more kids? I mean, not now, but in the future. You've changed your opinion  on loving me, I believe on marrying me, so...kids?"

He brushed back my sex crazed hair, the faintest of smile ghosting over his lips. "I do want to marry you, I want to be able to call you my wife some day. Kids...I love Anastasia and I love being a father. One day, I think I'll want more, just not right now. I like our family how it is."

"Me too." I grinned, snuggling into his chest.

Then it hit me. "Oh shit."

"What?" Aaron shot up, quickly assessing the room. I tugged him back down instantly.

"There's no-one here, it's just, we didn't use protection and I'm not on the pill anymore."

"Fuck." He swore. Then turned to me with a grim expression. "Princess, I'm sorry I just forget."

"Hey, it's fine. I'll go to the pharmacy in the morning. It's just that, we need to be more careful now if we don't want another baby so soon. I definitely don't plan on getting pregnant until I'm hopefully married."

"I want that too, and I'll buy a pack of jumbo condoms tomorrow." He wiggled his eyebrows mischievously and winked. "Trust me, we'll be needing them."

I attempted to swat his chest, but he pinned my arms over my head, kissing my lips as I laughed hard against his mouth.

Quickly, my laughter turned into moaning as he grinded slowly, awakening the sexual beast inside of me that could only ever be sated fully by Aaron Black.

***
~ One month later

"Happy birthday bunny," My sleeping beauty awoke from her glorious nap, her arms stretching wide, as Aaron put his arms out for her to clamber into.

She fell against his chest almost immediately, curling her body into his. I leaned back against the doorway, watching as he swayed her back and forth, peppering her head with a dusting of feathery kisses.

"I can't believe she's two." I jumped slightly at my mum's voice. She smiled, leaning opposite me, and watching the same interaction as I was. "It's weird isn't. You think you couldn't fall more in love and then you see the love of your life holding your child. It was the same with your father, you know? I could never tear my eyes off him."

"He's been so perfect. So kind, so gentle, so sweet. I feel so guilty, not just for leaving, but for denying him more of this." She clasped her hand onto my shoulder.

"Darling, you can't change the past, so there's no point in dwelling on it. The only thing you can do is look to the future," I watched as she gestured to Aaron and Anastasia. "There it is honey, and it's not going anywhere."