For her, a guy who could dress nice was worth so much more than someone with physical attractiveness. An outfit can make or break you — and she nearly shanked herself for almost letting herself get into her own head a few minutes before.

Her lace-glove clad hands shook as she held a bouquet of light pink and near-black roses out to the man before her. She was a tad upset that black roses were so rare, but unless the roses were under a light, you wouldn't be able to tell they weren't.

Corpse smiled and accepted the flowers, playfully rolling his eyes as he took them inside to put in a vase. He was still a little salty that she wouldn't let him give her flowers like he wanted, but in her words, "I asked you on the date so I have to do all of the traditional things, Corpse. Come on, get with the program!"

His curly, onyx colored hair hung down to his shoulders neatly. Black eyeliner carefully rounded his eyes and the eyebrow piercing he had reflected against the light. His all black attire made him look classy and sexy all at once, his thin legs looking extremely appetizing in his pants.

Aspyn was a leg gal. Long legs, thin or stout, we're something she adored and always found herself gaping at. It was embarrassing to her that she looked at someone's legs before anything else, but she couldn't help it.

She didn't know Corpse could clean up so nice. Granted he never looked bad or unkept, something about him all dolled up just for her made Aspyn feel warm inside.

He dressed up for their date...

For her...

Aspyn could barely take her eyes away from the man, let alone form an entire sentence, "Y-you look very handsome, Corpse."

"Thank you. You look beautiful, Aspyn." Corpse complimented, being gifted with a beautiful smile from her.

"Thank you..." She said softly while stepping into his kitchen. Aspyn swatted Corpse's hand away when he tried to help her with the bags she was carrying. "I'm treating you to a date. Go have a seat until I'm done. You don't need to lift a finger."

Once he was out of sight and in the dining room, Aspyn carefully took the food she cooked out of the bags. She plated them nicely, trying to mimic that of a fancy restaurant, and smiled proudly.

She carried the plates to the dining table and hurried back to the kitchen, returning with a bottle of red wine, "I wasn't sure what kind of alcohol you drink... so I just got wine."

"No worries, I love red wine."

The dinner date went better than Aspyn thought it would. She didn't know what to expect with an at-home date, but it was wonderful. They got to know even more about each other, but one question was still burning through Aspyn's mind. With the alcohol contaminating her system and Aspyn already being a curious, candid person — she didn't hesitate to ask it.

"Why don't you like leaving home?"

A simple shrug of his shoulders was his initial response before he spoke, "I can't bring myself to leave. Even stepping out onto the porch makes me anxious and nervous — like I'd blow away with the smallest gust of wind." He explained with another sip of wine.

"But—"

"Because," He drunkenly cut her off. "My dreams..."

There it was. What she'd been dying to hear about since seeing him.

"What about your dreams?"

"I'm scared that if I leave — my dreams will come true."

"What dreams?"

"All my life I've wanted to die," He ignored her question. "And no matter how much I wanted to kill myself, I couldn't bring myself to do it — because I selfishly wanted someone to miss me."

"Corpse, I don't understand—"

"I wasn't scared to leave my house until I met you."

"W-what?"

"I'm scared that if I leave, I'll die like I do in my dreams... and leave you. I don't want anyone to miss me anymore. I don't want you to miss me..."

"Because," He continued. "I finally know what love feels like — and I want to live for you."

Written Nov. 11 2021