Haizaki Shogo

[A/N: I’m sorry for not being able to update lately. It was because of busy schedule on school. I needed to comply with several requirements here and there plus the final exams. I also had a writer’s block TT_TT I apologize if he’s OOC. ]

You are doing your usual rounds around the hallways of Teiko Middle School when a lowerclassman called out to you.

“[Last Name]-senpai…you have to stop him…” he said incomprehensibly between ragged pants.

“What? Please calm down and tell me what’s happening.”

“…Haizaki…Haizaki is beating someone up again…”

“What?! Take me to where he is!”

You are Teiko Middle School’s Disciplinary Committee Head. In your second year of service in the said committee, a troublesome first year student named Haizaki Shogo has been the usual culprit of cases you receive every day. It is not rare to see him in the Disciplinary Committee’s office for detention.

“What’s going on in here?!” you asked in your usual stern voice.

“That bastard… He suddenly beat me up for no reason!” one of the victims, also a second year student like you, managed to say despite the injuries he suffered from Haizaki’s wrath.

“What did you say, you asshole?!” the ash-haired guy growled at the sophomore.

“Enough! Haizaki, you’re coming with me to the office. Someone please bring them to the infirmary. I’m going to talk to you later after your wounds got tended to.”

“So what is it this time? This has been your twentieth time this week alone. Haven’t you gotten tired of this?”

“Back at you, haven’t you gotten tired of doing this each time I do something?” he gave you a cheeky smirk.

“This is my job. I prepared myself for things like this. So what is it this time?”

“I got pissed. Those bastards fucking pissed me off so much, that’s why.”

“Seriously, you should learn to contain your temper. What did they do that made you angry?”

“They talked shit about someone I like…” he said with a quiet voice. His words were something you never thought would come out from his mouth.

“Even so, no one has the right to hurt others. You need to apologize to them.”

“Never! Those blabbermouths deserved it! They’re the ones at fault.”

You let out a sigh, “You still don’t learn, aren’t you? Anyway, you need to help out at the library for your detention.”

***

After you had talked to the other party at the infirmary, you returned to the office.

“Um…” a voice spoke.

“Eh? Is anyone there?” you asked.

“Um… Fuuki Iincho I am here.” a docile light blue-haired guy appeared behind you all of a sudden.

*cue a loud KYAAA from you*

“…You scared me… How long have you been there?” you asked him as you try to calm yourself down.

“I am sorry. I was here just a while ago.”

“Is that so? Anyway what can I do for you?

“I want to talk to you Fuuki Iincho. I am Kuroko Tetsuya,” he bowed as he introduced himself, “I saw the commotion this afternoon regarding Haizaki-kun. He is not the one at fault.”

“Wait, did Haizaki threaten you to do this?”

“No. I came to talk to you in my own accord. He does not even know that I was there at the scene.”

“Tell me what really happened.”

“The sophomore students were saying bad things about you and Haizaki-kun just happens to overhear them and decided to defend you. He was not the one who started the fight. The upperclassmen where the first ones to hit him.”

“They talked shit about someone I like…” those words from Haizaki a while ago kept repeating and repeating inside your head.

“Why are you saying this to me?”

“Because I want you to know the truth… and I do not want you to misunderstand Haizaki-kun. He may be rough and difficult most of the time but he is not really a bad person.”

“Thank you Kuroko-kun. I guess I need to apologize to him.”

***

You went to the library to speak with the gray-haired guy. You saw him carrying piles of books back to their respective shelves.

“Come here for a while Haizaki.” You called out to him.

He walked towards you and looked at you with a slightly grumpy expression.

“What is it?”

“That’s enough. Your detention is over…and also… I want to apologize to you.” he looked at you with a confused expression.

“A witness talked to me and told me what really happened. He told me that you were not the one who started the fight. I got the wrong idea about you. That’s why I am sorry.”

“…It’s okay.” He mumbled. You noticed the small bruise on the corner of his lip. You moved closer to him to give it a closer look, which made Haizaki utterly flustered.

“…W-W-What?”

You reached for his face and planted a tender kiss on his bruise. When you pulled away, you saw him blushing madly at you, which made you giggle.

“You’re a hundred years early to be defending me. But still I appreciate what you did for me. Thank you.”

All this time Haizaki has been breaking the rules for you to notice him.