Hayama Kotaro

You’re someone who does not believe in love.

You find that idea ridiculous, that it’s just caused by hormones in a person’s brain and there’s nothing neither magical nor special about it, and you have much important things you should prioritize. You have big ambitions and love would be just a hindrance on your way to achieve them. You’re that type of person.

And because of your cold and serious demeanor, people are often afraid to approach you, leaving you alone most of the time.

But he was the only one brave enough to force you out of your shell.

He is your total opposite. He is bright, bubbly, and sunny. He’s like a walking sunbeam. He is also really playful and childish. He fools around with everyone and makes a friend out of them. He is the type of person you honestly cannot stand but for some reason, his bright presence soothes you.

Today your class was assigned to clean the school’s pool but it did not turn out as peaceful as you wanted when he initiated a pool hockey game among your classmates. And as usual you preferred not to do anything concerning about it and continued to clean quietly alone.

“[Nickname]-chaaaaaaaaaaan!!!!!” the golden haired guy called out to you, trying to get your attention. You did not like the way he addresses you, it was just him who insisted to call you that way. You already told him to stop calling you with that silly pet name for so many times but to no avail.

“Join the game [Nickname]-chan. I promise it’s going to be fun.” he pleaded to you with gleaming eyes.

“No. I think you should stop this childishness and resume cleaning the pool so that we can finish early.” You declined.

“But that’s no fun. It’s only once in a while that we have the opportunity to do this. Besides we will be able to clean the pool in the process. Please [Nickname]-chan~” he insisted.

“No.”

“Please~”

“I said no.”

“[Nickname]-chan, please~ Just for a bit~” he now revealed his trump card, his cute pleading puppy eyes.

“...Tch...Fine...Just for a bit okay. But please stop making that face, you’re not cute.” You said bluntly, though that was a lie you were telling yourself.

“Oh yeah! Let’s go [Nickname]-chan!” To your surprise, he held your hand and led you.

The pool hockey mini game ended with Hayama and your team’s victory. It has been so long since the last time you played that hard and you actually enjoyed it and when Hayama got a glimpse of your rare yet sweet smile, he can’t help but to feel giddy inside.

Hayama thought of pulling a prank by aiming the water hose at everyone and making them wet and you were not an exception. He was laughing loudly when the others thought of revenge by splashing a bucketful of water at him. The sight of Hayama totally soaked through sent you giggling and when he saw you laughing at him he playfully aimed the water hose at you again making you even wetter.

After the pool cleaning/hockey game, your class now left to finally change clothes.

[time skip~]

“[Nickname]-chan!” Hayama made his pace faster to catch up with you. You just spared him a blank gaze before continuing with your steps.