Hanamiya Makoto

Valentine’s Day used to be just another ordinary day for you, until you met Hanamiya Makoto.

It was the first time you felt something special for another person. You love him so much even though he does nothing but to hurt you. Despite that you remained by his side all the time, quite masochistic on your part, right? Let’s face it; loving Hanamiya is painful, especially because he is not even aware of your feelings (not that you’re sure that he will treat you differently if he knows how you really feel for him). You were afraid to tell him how you feel, afraid that he would change, afraid that he would distance himself from you. Just thinking about the possibilities makes your heart clench in pain.

Loving Hanamiya is like holding a rose: he got you drawn to him only to be pricked by his thorns.

But this time, you mustered all your strength and prepared yourself. You have decided to tell him what you feel, on a rainy Valentine’s Day.

You too were walking home together, as usual. You forgot to bring your umbrella (because you were too preoccupied with mentally preparing yourself on what you’re about to do) so he shared his with you. At least he was not heartless enough to let you walk on the rain.

“Hanamiya-kun.” You called out to him.

“What is it?”

“I want to tell you something.”

“And what would that be?” he turned to you with an unreadable expression.

“I have been wanting to tell you this for so long...but it was just now when I had the courage to say this...I...I love you Hanamiya Makoto...I love you so much...H-Happy Valentine’s Day.” you quickly handed him your present which is a box of homemade dark chocolates which you made last night. And without waiting for his response, you dashed away out of embarrassment.

He hurriedly ran after you and in no time eventually caught your wrist on his hand. He pulled and turned you around so that you were properly facing him.

“What’s the meaning of this? Out of the blue you say that to me then run away without even listening to what I have to say?!” he said with a slight annoyed expression.

“Sorry...”

“Now you listen to me. I used to be annoyed with people who are constantly sticking close to me. I prefer to be alone and you know that...”

“...Then you actually find me annoying...” you mumbled.

“Just let me finish okay!” he snapped at you. You immediately shut your mouth and looked at him intently.

“As I was saying, I used to be like that...but not anymore...especially towards you...You’re the first person whose presence I find soothing...you’re the only girl I want to be always by my side...so never run away from me again, understood?” he paused for a bit and took a deep breath, “...I’m sorry if I never made you feel that way...that I made you feel like dirt...I don’t know how to express how I really feel for you and my frustrations got the best out of me...but thank you because you never left my side even when all I ever did was hurt you...I felt really cared for because of you...and because of that you truly deserve to feel the same...Please let me make you feel the same...I know I’m not perfect but I will be the best for you...I love you too [Full Name].”

A faint blush dusted your cheeks when his words sunk into you. He loves you. Hanamiya Makoto, the man you always loved also loved you back.

And everything felt even more right when he encased your petite frame inside his arms, dropping his umbrella in the process. You wrapped your arms around him as well and basked in his comforting warmth. He gently swept his hand on your smooth [hair color] hair then cupped your cheek. He caught your shining, crimson lips in a warm and passionate kiss. His lips were perfectly in sync with yours and the way he kissed you made you feel his love. You two continued to kiss, oblivious to the pouring rain and to the people (students of Kirisaki Daiichi) who can see you.

You pulled away after you felt the need for air and finally become aware of your current situation. Your face reddened out of embarrassment.

“Hanamiya-kun, they saw us kissing...” you whined embarrassedly.

“I did that so they will know that you belong to me. And also I would appreciate it if you start calling me Makoto.” He noticed that you were now shivering because of the cold so he took off his uniform jacket and put it on top of your shoulders.

“Let’s go dry off to my place.” He held your hand and showed you his playful yet meaningful smirk.

“Makoto?!” you blushed even darker.