Chapter 2

Lord and Lady

As the brick wall closed behind Ariana she smiled looking around and seeing the cauldron shop from last year. The trio moved closely and quickly trying not to lose each other in the crowds.

All the wizards and witches around reminded her of how out of place she and Percy were. She remembers the warning Chiron gave them before they left for England.

"Be prepared the magical and divine were never supposed to cross paths you both follow a dangerous path." Chiron told them. "hera never should have interfered." Chiron mumbled barely audible for Ariana to hear, but she heard it.

"I love you too Chiron" Ariana had joked trying to lighten the mood, but Chiron's warning had been ringing in hear head eve since.

Ariana saw Sally stop so she looked in front of her and saw the snowy white building from last year.

'Gringotts' she thought.

The three of them enter and walks to a counter.

"Yes?" The goblin said coldly not even looking up.

"We'd like to transfer mort... muggle money to wizard currency along with having this young lady here get money from her vault." Sally says ignoring the goblin's rudeness.

"Does the young lady have the proper identification?" The goblin asks finally looking up at Ariana.

When he sees who he is looking at he pales, jumps down from his desk, and bows.

"Forgive me My Lady for my rudeness. I will take you to your vault."

'Just like last year' Ariana thought. 'They have way more respect for the gods then demigods do and we see them more often.'

Apparently Percy had snorted when the goblin called Ariana My Lady. The goblin looked at him glaring until he got into a bow again saying "My Lord".

Ariana smirked at Percy whose faces had gone red.

The goblin whose name was Waluck took them down the main tunnel. Where they preceded to get into the mine cart and go flying into a dark cave.

It took them probably 10 minutes to get to the vaults which made Ariana confused. Why did they go so far down?

Warlruck then led them to two vaults that looked them same as the others, but felt like they had so much power.

"My Lady place your hand here" he said while guiding her to left door. "My Lord you do the same for that door."

"It's just Percy"

"Of course my lord"

Ariana cracked a smile, but it turned into a grimace when her hand was pricked and the door opened.

In this vault was mounds of gold, an assortment of jewelry, lotus flower gardens, pictures of Ancient Greek history, and weapons.

She backed away from the door and angrily looked at the goblin "is this my mother's vault?" She demanded.

"Nay My Lady it is yours as is that one yours My Lord"

"Why are they giving us a vault? What about the warning with divine and magical not supposed to cross?"

"This does not necessarily affect fate My Lady. I know you do not like this, but think about it your brother is coming to school this year. Would you deprive him of the money in your family's vault when you have all this, and you My Lord why deprive your mother of her muggle money when you have this. You may not like how your parents acknowledge your existence, or you may not want their pity, but using this money could be a noble cause."

The two teenagers grumble while grabbing magic bags to fill with money.

As they get back into the mine cart both Percy and Ariana have a chill run up their spine. They turn around and see the mine cart tracks lead into pitch black.

"What's back there?" Percy asks.

Walruck looked and saw them looking into the darkness. Vaults fill of.... things. One day you will both know, but today is not the day.

"That was not creepy at all" Ariana mumbles to Percy and Sally as the mine cart starts.

When they get back to Diagon Alley they stop at Floruish and Blotts for their Grade 2 books. They then went to the apothecary for more potion ingredients. They start leaving when Ariana saw a bunch of people crowding around Quality Quidditch Supplies. Ariana was able to get through the sign which said Nimbus 2000 in bright neon letters. When Ariana saw the price tag she decided to go in and look at the other brooms. Percy followed her inside while Sally decided to wait at the Leaky Cauldron out fo the way of the crowd.

Ariana looked at all the supplies. Bats, gloves, goggles, snitches, brooms, any thing that someone would think be in a quidditch shop was there.

"You look like your gonna faint." Percy says smirking.

She kicks him in the shins and then walks over to the brooms. There's cleansweeps, comets, nimbuses, but what catches her eye is the Velocity 9 which is a new broom that has been untested.

'Sounds cool' she tells herself.

She grabs the broom and goes to wait in the line. She raises her eyebrow at Percy.

"What?"

"Are you going to get a broom?"

"No Zeus would kill me. He almost did last time."

"That wasn't Zeus genius that was your bad flying ability."

"I'm still not getting a broom"

"Then I'll buy it for you and then make you pay me back"

Percy frowned.

The two of them walked out both holding a broom.

"You cheated" Percy said. 

Ariana rolled her eyes, but did not respond. She was looking at something.

Percy follows where here eyes are looking and sees them looking at Olivander's shop.

"That old dude. Thought he was creepy. Said I had a long road ahead, but that I would do many great things." Percy said. "Fun".

"What's your wand made out of?" She asked him.

"Rowan wood, 9 inches, core has a Pegasus feather."

"Strange"

"What's strange?"

"I have a peacock feather in mine."

"κάθε δρόμος οδηγεί σπίτι. Every road leads home." Ariana recited.

Thoughts?

Questions?

Anything you want to see?