Chapter 16

Special Delivery?

"Did your hear about the giant bird?"

"I heard it blew up a part of the Forbidden Forest"

"It killed three people"

"10 feet tall"

"Potter and her friends were involved"

Whispers and rumors spread throughout the Great Hall at the end of the year feast. After the incident Percy was taken to the infirmary where he spent the night and then was cleared the next morning. They spent the rest of the day relaxing and playing wizards chess some of them dredging returning home the next day while some were excited.

Ariana was one of the ones who dreaded it worried that something was going to happen while trying to get Percy to camp. She doesn't need another friend's death to be on her conscience.

Isabella didn't mind going home she knew she was still going to talk to her friends over the summer.

Sophia dreaded the idea of going home to her family especially having to deal with her brother every day.

Percy was thinking about...nothing.....absolutely nothing he had slept on the couch a majority of the day.

At dinner everyone was pointing at their group and whispering. They just ignored it. Percy was talking to Fred and George about Quidditch while the girls were talking about about what happened yesterday.

"Kyma just disappeared. A whole year of work wasted". Ariana says.

"It wasn't completely wasted we figured out some information about the guardians." Isabella says trying to reassure Ariana.

"But there's nothing to back it up we have no leads or new information" Sophia adds in.

"At least the egg hatched"

Sophia and Ariana roll their eyes.

As Dumbledore stands up all the chatter dies down leaving the room in complete silence.

"Another year done!" Dumbledore says cheerfully. "I hope your heads are a little fuller than they were... now you have the whole summer to make sure they are empty for next term."

"Now since it is the end of the year I understand that the house cup needs to be awarded. The points stand at: Ravenclaw in first place with 522, Gryffindor in second with 476, Hufflepuff in third with 472, and Slytherin also with 472 points.

Cheering and banging on the table began at the Ravenclaw table as the decorations changed to Ravenclaw colors.

Ariana wasn't exactly happy, but at least it wasn't Slytherin.

~~~~~~~~~

The exam results were given out later that night. Sophia having good grades in all classes. While Percy and Ariana had to make up for History of Magic in Potions and Charms. Isabella also did did well, but had to make up for Herbology in DADA.

The next morning wardrobes were empty, trunks were packed, and notes were handed out warning them not use use Magic during the holidays, Percy was not happy about that. The first years were taken by Hagrid back across the lake using the same fleet of boats from the beginning of the year.

The ride back on the Hogwarts Express was uneventful with the four of them just eating candy from the trolley while taking and laughing.

It was peaceful everyone was happy.

Tap....tap...tap

The four friends look over and see none other then Kyma tapping on the window.

Percy being the person he is grabs the nearest thing to him and uses it as a weapon. Which turned out to be Alicanto.

Whole Percy was being attacked by Alicanto. Ariana rolled her eyes and opened the window.

Kyma soared in and landed on Percy's lap. Who was grumbling about Alicanto as said bird  went back to Ariana.

"Ummm...good bird" Percy says nervously.

Kyma proceeds to drop something onto Percy's lap. Ariana doesn't get a good looks until Percy holds it up. It was a steel chain necklace.

"Well that was anticlimactic" Sophia mumbles.

Ariana nods her head in agreement.

Percy looks at the bird. "So you just gonna stay here are you going to blow up the compartment?"

Kyma flys up and sits on top of Percy's head.

"I'm going to take that as your not going to blow us up." Percy mumbles.

Ariana and Isabella laugh while Sophia cracks a smile.

It wasn't long before they had arrived at King Cross Station. Once they were there everyone took their trunks, said their goodbyes, and left with their families. 

Ariana and Percy were looking for the person who was escorting them back to America thanks or Dumbledore. When Ariana saw a person with crutches, curly brown hair, brown eyes, and a wispy beard she smiled.

"Grover?" Percy said.

End of Hogwarts year 1.

Would you like to see the Camp Half-Blood part of the year or skip to next Hogwarts year mad briefly explain what happened over the summer.