Lola felt like a rag doll, being dragged from her seat and then through the rushing bodies of students that were all running out to the hallways to see what everyone was talking about. 

It was an out of body experience, like she was floating in the air. Her head was giddy, heart racing, hands and legs numb with nervousness. 

Was it Julian they were talking about? It had to be. There could be no one else. 

Nalini and Hanna pulled her through the crowd that had lined the lockers and then she saw him and every other person cast to exist. 

All she could see was him, the Julian Grey who had broke into her room that fateful night and consequently broke into her heart, invading every chamber, every muscle, every cell. And she knew right now, as it beat frantically against her rib cage, that it was beating for him and him only. 

She couldn't remember a time where she had felt happier. Julian Grey was alive. Julian was safe and he'd never looked so good. His dark hair swept across his forehead and his piercing dark blue eyes were focused ahead as he walked next to a police officer and his mother. 

They flanked him on both sides, clearing the path for him as they headed for the main office. A teacher stepped out and welcomed them and then the principal rushed up to them quickly. The group walked in stride but Julian was soon bombarded by his friends. 

Damien and Tyronne were the first to scream out his name and rush up to him and then the rest of his former friends did the same. They formed a small cocoon around Julian which was quickly broken up by the principal and the police officer. 

Lola saw Natalie, Julian's ex girlfriend linger close by, feigning happiness which only irritated Lola because before this turn of events, everyone -except Damien- had thought he was guilty. 

Julian looked happy, relaxed even, it was the happiest she had ever seen him and when he drew closer she sucked in a breath. She stared up at him and their eyes locked, making her entire body freeze. 

The hug, the warmth of his body, everything came rushing back to her and she took a step forward, eager to welcome him back but Julian didn't even smile at her in acknowledgement. 

In fact, their gaze lasted only a second before he looked away, pretending like he didn't know her or Nalini or Hanna and then he walked away, smashing her heart with his silence. 

"What the hell?" Nalini whispered. "Did he forget who we are? What an asshole? He greets all his fake friends and completely ignores us?" 

The girls were heading to the Chemistry lab for their next class together and Lola couldn't answer her friend for fear that she would start crying. Had it all been a lie? Did Julian use her for his benefit? Lie to her just so she would continue helping him?

All these thoughts hurt. His indifference and silence just now hurt even more. 

"Maybe he was overwhelmed? It's his first day back and everyone was watching him. Maybe he didn't see us?" Hanna suggested hopefully as they took their seats next to a bunch of test tubes. She looked at Lola worriedly and Lola tried her best to hide the overriding disappointment currently flooding her entire body. 

"He's one of them. Those popular asshole jerks, who bully people and use everyone to their benefit. We just forgot about it because we were so caught up in the drama," Nalini said, her voice laced with bitterness. "Forget him Lolz. We deserve so much better." 

"You're being so harsh. He only ignored us then. Maybe he'll talk to us later," Hanna replied optimistically but Lola wasn't so sure anymore. 

The way he had ignored them, the way their eyes met before he looked away. It had been deliberate.