The Saved (Crosshair)

Start from the beginning

"Pardon my intrusion, but scouts have discovered your attacker, Crosshair, has been captured by the rebels. He's said to be executed tomorrow evening," the voice of another Vigilante I am close to, by the name of Roxy, commented; a bit of excitement in her words. Word had spread among my people about my injury, and they've been gravelling for Crosshair's capture.

"That's..." I begin, feeling my throat swell instantaneously, "That's great, Roxy. When's it happening?"

Sean frowned, obviously confused on why I was beginning to get choked up at the mention of Crosshair hitting the dust, but he wouldn't understand. Crosshair and I... we have something special. He didn't kill me; refused to almost after a while, and I didn't shoot him in the back while he walked away from me. People like Sean don't understand how important relationships like this are— Crosshair is rare,
"I don't have a location considering the rebels are very specific on who they share the location of their bases to, but I assume a vacant planet such as Endor or Hoth."

"I want to watch," I mumbled back to Roxy, Sean's glare getting more and more angry, "Let me know if you get more information. Until then, I will be searching Hoth for the base."

"Be careful, (Y/N)," Roxy suggested, a little bit of caution in her tone, "If the rebels catch you, they won't take kindly to that."

I bit my lip. Honestly, I don't care what the rebels try to do to me. I need to try and rescue my soulmate from a very painful death. Crosshair's time isn't now,
"Copy that, Roxy."

The com shut off, and the Twi'lek in front of me grumbled, punching my shoulder roughly, "What the hell are you wanting to do here? Gonna go save him? And don't lie— I know you."

I pulled my blaster from my holster; pointing it right at the red alien in front of me, "Don't make me kill you, Sean," I mumbled, pricking the safety off of the weapon, "Crosshair spared my life, as I did his. He felt the same connection I did. I can't let him die like that."

"He's a war criminal!" Sean shouted, pulling his own weapon out, "You don't want to waste everything you've worked your entire life for on a Clone like Crosshair! He's just an Imperial pawn. Honestly, I wouldn't put it past Vader to make the commander manipulate you into gaining feelings for him. They're evil!"

"We're war criminals too, dumbass!" I rebutdtaled. My hand began to shake. My brain and heart were fighting over dominance; my brain battling over my love for Sean, and everything the two of us have been through. Of course, the most persuasive organ in my body, the heart, won. Crosshair deserves a chance— we both do.
I pulled that trigger; a sizzling, smoking hole materializing in Sean's chest. He sputtered, dropping his own weapon. Blood began to pool from his already-red lips,

"You... you will pay."

I span around and limped out of the room before my brain could convince me to stay back and help my old friend heal.
My ship was fortunately close by. If I would've walked more than half a kilometre, I would've likely collapsed, and been captured and tried for Sean's murder,
"Okay, Hoth is the first destination," I mumbled to myself, firing up the cruiser. It hummed to life quickly, and soon I was off in the direction of the snow planet.

The trip took a good few hours in light speed. My cruiser was barely to the calibre of being considered 'light speed capable,' but it still got the job done regardless.
The snow on the planet of Hoth was practically blinding. The words 'white' and 'bright' don't have meaning until you take a trip to Hoth. I have to rely completely on my scanners to navigate the planet,

"Building up ahead," I whisper to no one but myself, "Looks to be rather abandoned— perfect for a rebel base."
Too bad the Empire wouldn't hire me: I would've found the rebels in record time for them.

The only indication that the building wasn't completely abandoned was the people going in and out on Tauntauns. It wasn't a huge group considering sparks of rebellion aren't everywhere in the galaxy, but it was enough.
The only way, I decided, that I could safely sneak in and nab Crosshair was by killing a lone rebel, stealing their gear, then sneaking in.
That's the hard part— finding a lone rebel.

It took around 12 hours for me to locate a rebel that was by themselves, and my body size. A blueish-green Rodian on Tauntaun was galloping towards a small snow bank when I attacked her.
She didn't even see me coming.

After I killed quickly killed her, I stole her uniform and Tauntaun. Good thing about Tauntauns is they don't recognize or bond to their riders, so the beast wouldn't know any better.
Mounting up, I turned my ship completely off so it couldn't get detected by rebel ships, then I headed towards the base. The whipping winds made my eyes water painfully, but I didn't care: Crosshair needs me, and now.

This goes to show how unprepared this little rebellion is when it comes to attacks from the inside. Protocol was garbage— they didn't even have me sign in when I 'came back from the run.' Nor did they notice how I started as a Rodian, and I am now humanoid.
I also didn't anticipate the base to be warm considering it was made from condensed ice and stone, but it was rather toasty,

"When's that Imperial execution gonna start?" a male voice begins from behind me, causing my head to snap around. Thankfully, he didn't notice my immediate interest in the topic.

He looked to be from Naboo; his black hair pinned up neatly on his head. His counterpart, a male Gungan, shrugged and pointed towards the exit,
"Looks to be soon. We need to hurry— meesa needs a good seat. That Clone deserves to die, and meesa can't wait to watch."

My fists ball up angrily at the stupid Gungan's comment. I've always hated Naboo: everyone who's born there always has the silver spoon, and the brain the size of a pea. Even though his words offend me, he's helped me bunches by indirectly putting me in the right direction.
His friend high fives him and they both enter the room where the execution is supposedly going to happen. I don't know this base, but likely the prison station will be nearby, so that means Crosshair will be too.

As I suspected, there were guards posted at the prison. It took a second for me to find it, but once I did, it became incredibly easy. The guards were both Twi'lek, and a swift stab to the neck with my blades ended their pathetic lives. No one even noticed either thanks to everyone settling down in the execution room.
I grunted and groaned while swiftly pulling the deceased aliens into the holding room. Sweat caked my forehead at the hard work,

"(Y/N)?" a muffled, pained voice echoed through the silent prison, causing my head to whip around towards the darkened end of the room.
Crosshair stood; his hands latched to the bars, "It is you!"

A smile rose to my lips as I glided over towards Crosshair; my hands outstretched. I pushed my hands through the car, cupping the Clone's face into my hands. I pushed a soft, swift kiss to his lips; savouring the feeling before letting him go,
"You wouldn't believe everything I've been through. When I heard you'd been captured, I could hardly believe it. I couldn't let them take you away from me."

The commander grazed my cheek with his gloved hand, a small, barely noticeable smile appearing on his lips, "How the hell did you get in here with all the guards?"
I motioned behind me towards the two dead aliens; Crosshair's smile growing.

I swiftly unclamped the lock, allowing the commander to waltz out of the cage, and into my arms. I kissed him once more; our lips lingering a bit longer,
"Let's get the hell out of here before we are both executed for treason."

I clasped my hand into his, and we immediately got out of there and off of Hoth as quickly as possible: never looking back.

February 27th, 2022