CHAPTER 16: SALON

Start from the beginning

After Asteria finished her meal, she soon scurried towards her study. Skimming through various documents neatly placed in the wooden bookshelves.

"Should I meet with Medea already?" Asteria murmured to herself, her voice lower than a whisper; barely audible. She didn't need to meet the Lady right away, and she didn't need to rush.

Asteria heaved a sigh. She really wanted to relax in the comfort of her bed, but she had too many things that she needed to check. "Right, I have to meet Lady Psyche too."

'The last time we saw each other, I was exasperated and it was at the crown princess competition.' Asteria recalled, pressing her lips together. The princess made a note to meet the two at a later date once she adjusts to her palace again, which wouldn't be long.

-

"EVA, I HAVE A TASK FOR YOU." Asteria stated, the said- female scurried towards the princess' side. The princess held various letters, all the letters had the stamp she uses.

"Deliver these letters to the respective noble ladies." Asteria subtly ordered, pointing towards the names on the envelope on each letter. "I'm sure this is a easy task for you."

"All of these noble-ladies," Eva muttered, surveying all the names placed on the envelope. "Are you perhaps hosting a salon?"

"Yes, I'm sure they won't decline. Most of them are people we are familiar with." Asteria added, taking a brief glimpse at Eva. "Can you do it?"

"Of course, Your Highness." Eva responded swiftly, Asteria simply nodding. "Good, Be back before the sun sets." The princess spoke, resuming in writing.

Eva soon left, leaving the princess alone. 'I need more people I can rely on, I can't let Eva always do all the tasks.' Asteria thought, pausing in writing.

'Right, by this time, I'm sure those two will arrive here soon.' Asteria recalled, it was said before that Asteria didn't spend her time in Azareah just relaxing. She had to work a lot too.

'My reputation in Azareah may be good, but what about in my own empire? I need to regain my influence over the nobles..' The princess solemnly thought, creases forming o  her forehead from her small frown.

In all honesty, her decision to study in Azareah was rash. She didn't really think it through the first time, Asteria got carried away by her emotions due to everything that's happened to her. The second time she returned there, she was able to work it out more decently.

'Eros. According to the information Medea gave me, he seems to scheming something bad. But that was according to her, seems like I need to see it for myself.' Asteria parted her lips briefly, before closing it again.

"Ah, let's organize my thoughts and everything else first." Asteria muttered lowly, dipping the quill into the ink once more.

The reason for her hosting a salon, was to get a better grasp at what is happening in high-society or so. Since she plans on being active in gatherings again.

What is a better way to know what is happening, if not through gossip. (Although I am not encouraging you to participate in gossip.)

The noble-ladies Asteria sent a invitation to were those of high titles and well-known. And they just seemed to be interested in Asteria over the years, wanting to befriend her.

Although Asteria may seem distant, she was great at communicating with others. She simply wanted those who she can trust to stay close to her, as to why she hadn't really made more friends in the past.

But now, things changed. Asteria is no longer like that, and it is needed. She must widen her connections more and more, until she is contented.

"The empress.. I realized I haven't still visited her," Asteria thought aloud, finished with what she was writing. She closed the scroll, swiftly placing it into her drawers.