Chapter 11 The Three soldiers

Start from the beginning

"The lady wants a show" Mark smirks at John.

"A show we will give" John bows at me, I embarrasly nodded, John faces Mark and goes into his fighting stance, Mark does the same.

In the middle of their fight I finally start a conversation with Alexia.

"Are you guys brothers and sisters? You all seem so close" I said while watching Mark and John fight.

"Aha a lot of people ask that, but truth is that we've been through a lot together. I had run away from my home, Merchants had found me and took me underground. That's when I met Mark and John, we were sharing the same cell" Alexia smiles as if she were remembering good memories.

"How did you guys escape???" I asked.

"I can't remember how Mark and John got there, but we escaped together. We were lucky, we had total stranger save us. If only I had known her name, I would've thank her" Alexia frowns. I couldn't help but pity her, I placed my hand on her shoulder and smiled at her.

"I'm sure she knew you guys were grateful" I ruffled her hair a bit.

"Thank you" Alexia smiles. When suddenly Mark and John both collapse, breathing heavily.

"Their both equally strong, I hope it was a good fight to you" Alexia laughs .

"It was, Especially when their both equally strong" I smiled and helped both of them up. "Let's take a break, I'll go get some snacks for us. Mark? Can you come with me?" I asked. Mark turns red and looks at John, John nods his head.

"I'll come help you!!" Mark says cheeky.

"Come on, I saw a apple tree somewhere over there" We reach the apple tree after 10 minutes of finding it. The tree proudly stood up tall, plump red apples sprouted on the branches and the light shined through the dark green leaves. Mark climbed onto the tree then began picking the beautiful red apples, I stayed on the ground and picked apples on branches that hung low.

"I think that's enough, let's take a break then go to the others" I yelled to Mark.

"You should come up here, it's beautiful" Mark yells back down. I took off my jacket and placed the apples on it.

I grab the nearest beach hoisting me up to Mark. "Come on" Mark yells at me to come faster.

"Be quiet, I'm scared of heights" I snapped at him, I carefully placed my foot onto the branch and grab another climbing higher and higher.

'Oh my Titans I'm going to die' I thought then slowly reached where Mark was.

"Look" Mark points to a opening in the tree. It a beautiful lake trees reflected on the shimmering water, Ducks gracefully glided into the water. All of it took my breath away, for a minute it made me forgot all about my fear of heights.

"So tell me about you, John and Alexia. Were you guys always this close?" I asked Mark.

"When I was little our family was poor so I had to steal food. I stole food from people that were merchants, they caught me and put me in a cell. That's where I met Alexia and John. We were going to be sold underground but this one stranger helped us escape. We've been together ever since" Mark said. I looked at him surprised. I didn't expect him to be so open.

'I guess Petra's advice really does work' I thought.

"Look, there's a nest" Mark points to a nest with blue eggs. "We should go before angry birds are going to attack us" Mark suggests.

"That sounds like a fun game" I laughed. "But yea let's get off, I'm not fond of heights" Carefully placed my foot on a branch.

"You know we got to use 3D MGs? Right?" Mark says.