Chapter 48 - The Party

Start from the beginning

Atsumu: It's okay... Good luck on the match!

Meian Shūgo: Thanks... You get well soon and hurry back to the court... Sakusa too, take care!

Atsumu: *lifts up his chin like saying "yeah"*

Video call ends.

Atsumu: *still staring at his still phone*

Sakusa: You should've told them that you're not coming back . . .

Atsumu: . . . It's okay... It's better this way... *smiles* It makes me think that I'll get better soon . . .

Sakusa: . . .

Atsumu: Besides, I don't want them to worry too much about me . . . They got the match to worry about already . . .

Sakusa: . . . You can't hide anything from me though...

Atsumu: *chuckles* Nah, I've learned that lesson too well already . . .

Sakusa: *smiles a bit*

A month later

Atsumu's condition continues to worsen quickly.

After Atsumu's kidneys reached 90% failure, Osamu donated one of his to his twin brother since his kidney obviously has the best suitability compared to anyone else.

•••••
Another month after that

At Onigiri Miya

Atsumu: Let me help you with that! *moves a sack of raw rice closer to the magic jar and begins to put some of the rice in the washbasin to wash it*

Osamu: I can do it myself... What's the point of coming here if I don't do anything?

Atsumu: What's the point of being the boss if you do everything yourself? Besides, you just got out of the hospital, you need to rest a lot...

Osamu: No, you need to rest a lot . . . Do you forget that you also only have 1 kidney?? More than that, you're the one with the history of kidney failure! You're even more fragile than me!

Atsumu: What are you talking about? You lose 1 kidney from 2! I, on the other hand, went from almost having 0 to 1! This is the best condition I've ever been in months!!! I feel like I could run for 5 miles!!!

Sakusa: *flicks Atsumu's head and snatches the washbasin away from him*

Atsumu: Ouch!!

Sakusa: You should listen to Osamu and not break a third kidney! *starts washing the rice*

Osamu: 💢💢💢 Yeah, you better take extra good care of that kidney cause I don't have another one to give you!

Atsumu: Omi-kunnn, aren't you supposed to be on my side?!?!

Sakusa: I'm always on your side, that's why I always keep you from doing stupid things!

Atsumu: I'm not doing stupid things! I just wanna help out!! I feel better than ever, can't you just let me celebrate?!

Klinggg

Bokuto: *enters the store*

Bokuto: Huh, are you guys not open today?

Suna: Yeah, we closed the store . . .

Bokuto: Ohh... I can come back tomorrow then... *about to come back out*