121

I knew it wasn't long before Draco would show up and that when he did it wouldn't be long till he found me.

That was if he didn't ignore me.

I made my way down the steps of the dungeons where I heard Ruby and Pansy yelling with my fellow housemates.

When I turned the corner they fell silent and smiled brightly.

Unlocking the door I stepped aside "where is Malfoy?!" Ruby yelled over the shouting slytherins as I sighed looking down, waiting for the room to quiet down.

"We got into a fight and I left"

"You guys broke up?"

I paused, looking down, I wasnt sure.

"No, we didn't" I was uncertain and they could tell especially after seeing the tear leave my eye "just a break I think"

I hugged Ruby instantly, needing to feel some sort of comfort.

It only last a few moments before the silence was broken "Aster!" I pulled away and turned around meeting his eyes.

"Aster we need to talk, please" he said as he approached, I nodded placing my hand in his "okay" I hushed as he apparated us from the room.

~~~

"So. . . I heard what you said" he started as I moved across the classroom sitting on one of the desks "that we were on a break" I avoided his eyes remaining silent.

"Do you want a break?" He asked and I let a dry laugh leave my lips before looking up at him 'no' "do you?" I asked sternly, hiding the fact my heart broke at the question.

His silence, his hesitation was what hurt the most as I closed my eyes getting off the table and walking towards the door "that answered my questi-" I felt his hand on my shoulder

"Iris wait" he sighed but I didn't look at him "no I don't; I don't want a break" he answered, his tone genuine but I still didn't meet his eyes.

"Then what do you want?" I asked feeling him press his face into my hair.

"You; I want you" I smiled at his response "its always been you" he kissed the back of my head "what do you want?" He asked and I turned to look at him.

I didn't respond at first, instead leaning up with my hands cupping his face and pressed my lips to his for only a few seconds.

"I want you" I hushed as I broke the kiss and I saw him smile "but. . . I don't want to feel isolated anymore" I said and I could tell judging by the way his smile dropped he wasn't going to agree.

He sighed in annoyance and backed away, rolling his eyes "I just want to keep you safe Iris" he scoffed "I'm sorry you don't like it but I don't care, all I care about is if you're safe"

"you don't care? you don't fucking care that you and Ivy are driving me insane with you saying you're just trying to protect me but have you ever thought maybe I don't want to be protected, I don't need to be protected?" I told him as the sounds of death eaters trying to break through the barriers began to erupt through the room.

"I just want to help end the war and it can end tonight Draco so please stop trying to protect me all the time and let me fight" I begged, my eyes widened slightly and he sighed "fine but I'm not letting you fight" I knew it wasn't worth arguing with him anymore.

We both knew the chances that the end was near but that if things went wrong we'd never get to see eachother again.

and that scared me, causing me to break down at the realization.