"Oh, wow, hi," I exasperated. 

He laughed and hugged me back.

"So, why did I get my wings now?" I asked as we released each other

"Well, when an angel falls, we get an assignment and have to live a human life until we complete it. You get your wings when you're close to your assignment."

"What? So does that mean Jack is my assignment?"

"I think so."

"What about him? Like does all this just mean nothing? Am I just fated to fall for him or something?" I admitted now that I knew he was my closest friend.

"No, calm down Y/N. Our assignments aren't that crazy. We still have free will."

"What's yours? Why are you down here?" I asked.

He smiled bashfully and looked away from me.

"I think you'll remember why on your own," he said.

I nodded and sighed heavily.

"How you doin'? Is this too much?" he asked.

I shook my head.

"Nah. I just... I don't know."

"C'mon, tell me. We're best friends for a reason."

"Yeah, just real quick. Why didn't you tell me?"

"We're not allowed to interfere with other angels before getting their wings."

"I'd say you interfered a little."

"No, I nudged you, but I didn't tell you anything."

I nodded and looked away.

"Now tell me what's up," he reminded.

"I miss him," I said, defeated.

"I know."

"I just want him to come back."

"He will."

"Well, I know but I want it to happen now."

He chuckled a little and thought for a moment.

"Do you love him?" his voice startled me.

"I... Not yet, but I'm falling."

"Well then there's a reason you fell to Earth," he comforted me.

I stared into the distance, trying to remember why it was that I fell from Heaven.

I remembered a woman with long black hair. I saw her crying and hugging a tall man with blond hair and blue eyes.

"What's wrong with me?!" she yelled through tears.

"Nothings wrong with you sweetheart," the man soothed.

She continued to sob.

"All I've ever wanted was a child. And my stupid body won't let me," she cried as she lay on the floor.

"Honey, I want that too. But I want you more. I love you," he replied.

I snapped back into the present and grounded myself for a moment. 

"Woah. I saw something," I said. 

"Like a memory?"

"Yeah, I think so. I don't know what it was, though."

"Tell me."

"It was this couple and the woman was upset because she couldn't have kids and it was... awful."

He raised his eyebrows in a way that implied he knew what it meant. I wanted to ask him but then I remembered what he said about not being able to interfere. I thought about it and came up with an idea. 

"Wait... those were Jack's parents... that's why I'm down here. I gave them Jack," I thought out loud. Hayden was smiling at me so I knew I was right. 

"I always knew you were smart," he told me. 

I smiled and thought about everything I had just learned. I was lost in thought for some time and was brought back by Hayden. 

"Hello?" he asked. 

"Sorry..."

"It's cool. I know it's a lot, but try not to overthink too much," he comforted. 

"Yeah."

"It can be really hard for fallen angels to adapt. Back home, emotions are different. When we live as humans, we're affected by hormones and negative emotions, which is strange to us. Point is, it's normal to feel really overwhelmed."

I smiled in appreciation for what he said. 

"Can I see your wings?" I asked him. 

I was curious what his looked like and if they were the same as mine. 

"Only if you show me yours," he joked.  

I nodded and stood up. I was wearing a tank top, so I just focused on letting my wings out, which I had never done intentionally. I felt them appear, but it wasn't painful this time. Hayden took off his shirt and let his wings out. 

I noticed they were pretty much the opposite of mine. They were mostly white with some back on the tips. 

"Why are yours more white?" I asked. 

"At first, our wings start out mostly black down here. They slowly get more white as we progress and when they are fully white, we can go back home."

I didn't say anything. 

"So... you're leaving soon?" I finally asked. I felt my wings pull back in and I held my gaze on his. 

"I won't leave until you're ready," he assured me. 

He retracted his wings and put his shirt back on. I stared out into the distance, not sure what to think. 

"Hey," he said to get my attention. I shifted my eyes toward him but still felt worlds away. 

He put his hand on the side of my face. He closed his eyes and I felt his hand glowing gold against my skin. I felt my body wash over with a sense of relief and peace. He took his hand away and I instantly felt better. 

"What did you do?" I asked, amazed. 

"Just reminded you of how you'll feel again."

I smiled gratefully and laid back down on the couch in bliss. 

"Alright, I'm gonna leave you to it. See you soon," he said. 

"Okay. Thanks," I said, relaxed. 

He nodded and let himself out. I shut my eyes, high on life.