She shut the door behind her before taking a seat, crossing one leg over the other as she patiently waited. A loud beep was heard before the metal door on the other side of the room swung open, revealing Kazutora.

He was dressed in grey clothing and his golden orbs that were once filled with so much life were now dull, empty. He almost looked like Y/N.

The man who had been guiding him bowed before walking away, giving the pair some privacy.

They sat in silence before Kazutora finally broke the thick ice.

"Why did you come again, Y/N?" He asked, eyes cast down as he refused to look at her, "I tried to kill Baji... Surely that should give you enough reasons to avoid me. Just... forget I even exist, okay? Once I'm out in ten years, I'll move away. Far enough so that I'll never hurt you again..."

It was true that he had tried to hurt Baji, but he was manipulated. Hanma had managed to convince the poor boy that Baji had left him too. That didn't fully justify his actions but it did save him from Y/N's terrifying wrath.

"You know, I should hate you." The H/C-haired girl said, blankly looking at him, "I should fucking hate you with every fiber of my being." The black and yellow-haired boy bit his bottom lip, nodding.

"I unders"- However, before he could finish, Y/N cut him off.

"But I don't." She stood up, pushing the chair back, "I don't hate you..."

Kazutora visibly stiffened at her words. His eyes widened and, finally, he lifted his head.

"I could never hate you Kazutora..." She uttered, "Because we're in the same boat. Or, we were. We were both stupid enough to get manipulated by Shuji."

Kazutora stared at her with pure admiration, a small gleam in his eyes.

"I talked to Manjiro. He told me that, no matter what, you're still part of Toman." Y/N murmured.

"But, Y/N," Kazutora clenched his hands into fists, shaking, "I hurt you. I deserve to rot here!"

"As Draken said to me before, let's do this together. Let's share our trauma and our burdens. Let's ask for help when we need it and let's not push those we care about away. Let's overcome these difficult times side by side."

The tears that Kazutora was desperately trying to hold back finally spilled. They dripped down his cheeks as he sobbed his heart out. Y/N took this as her cue to leave.

"Lucky for you, Kazu, I'm patient." She consoled, "I'm okay with you making me wait. I'll be here, even if it takes ten years." That last sentence hit Kazutora hard.

"Thank you, Y/N." He mumbled, "Thank you." She nodded, a small smile plastered on her face.

"Take care of yourself, Kazu." She told him, "I'll see you next time."

He froze, blinking in shock, as Y/N walked out of the room. He had not witnessed her smile in... what seemed like forever. Yet, here she was, smiling for him of all people.

The corners of his lips twitched as he climbed to his feet, suddenly feeling better about this whole predicament.

'I'll be here, even if it takes ten years'