“Don’t come crying to me when she breaks your heart again.”

“Fuck, well that could have gone better.” Dante thought to himself as he started doing the job he was elected for.

Il piatto dei sapori 

Two things immediately caught Athena’s eyes as she walked into the restaurant, first was the lack of customers along with wait - staff and second was a pair of eyes she had grown to hate.

Without haste, she turned around and to grab the door handle, only for some goon to step in front of it. Athena kicked the stranger in his groin before landing a solid punch on his jaw, the man stumbled aside allowing her to leave the restaurant but a taunting voice and the sound of a gun being loaded stopped her.

“Athena Ruiz, its being a while hasn’t it.” 

There stood Pedro with a gun against his own son’s head, with Adrianna sitting contently across from him. Fernando looked at Athena with eyes full of sorrow, he had being bound to a chair and gagged much like she was just over a year ago.

“You might want to join us or else his death will be your fault, just like Allesandro’s was.” Pedro tapped his son on the shoulder before ordering his goon to search Athena.

How could you?” Athena questioned with disgust as she was forced to sit next to Fernando while Pedro’s goon tied her hands together.

“You’d do anything for love my dear.”

“And what about the love a mother is supposed to have for her children?”

“You and your brother’s were mistakes I had to live with until Pedro set me free.” Adrianna stated before being joined by her beloved.

Fernando tried with all his might to loosen the rope around his hands to no avail, Athena saw this and brought her foot next to his, tapping against it gently letting him know everything was going to be alright.

“Remove his gag.” Pedro commanded and just like that Fernando was begging for Athena to be let go.

“Father please be rational, she’s innocent.”

“Innocent? She turned my own son against me. Imagine my surprise when I came across your phone Fernando and saw that you had being conspiring with my enemy for over a year. Everything I have done has being for you and yet the snake in my home is my own flesh and blood, you disgust me.”

“Then hate me, punish me but let her live.” Fernando pleaded once more.

“I will let her live…”

Fernando and Athena breathed a sigh a relief after hearing Pedro’s words.

“Only because I want her to suffer and lose everything she has, just like I have. You see at first I thought you had betrayed me out of your love for her and you know what I would’ve respected that but hearing that see crawled back into Dante’s bed the first chance she got just boiled my blood. I mean he may be the father of your child but he’s a bastard just like his father was.”

“He is not my son’s father nor is he a bastard, the only bastard here is you.” Athena spat in Pedro’s face.

Pedro laughed menacingly before wiping Athena’s spit off his face.

“Oh you poor child, I guess nobody told you the truth. Your father had the paternity tests switched out, Dante is your baby daddy. Gosh I feel like I’m on one of those 90’s TV shows.”

“I don’t believe you.”

“Go ahead son, tell her.”

Athena looked at Fernando for confirmation of this with tears beginning to build in her eyes.

“I wanted to tell you, but your father made us promise not to.”

Us? Who exactly are you talking about?”

“Romulus and I.”

Why would my father do that?” Athena tried to blink away her tears.

“Because he is an awful man. I saved your mother from him and maybe I can save you as well. Aren’t you tired of being controlled by your family? Don’t you want to live life by your own rules?” Pedro saw the anger and hurt in Athena’s eyes and knew he could use this to his own advantage, he gently wiped the escaped tears off her face which didn’t sit well with Adrianna.

“So what do you say?”