Chapter Twenty-Four

Start from the beginning

"You know damn well that you're hot Katya." Trixie moved her head so that she was looking up at Katya.

"We're not having sex Trixie" Katya's face went serious.

"Just a kiss?" Trixie lifted her brows

"No, you need to sleep."

"Im not tired!"

"Bitch go sleep, you're gonna thank me tomorrow."

"Okay," Trixie said defeated.

"I'll give you some clothes."

"Where am I sleeping?"

"The couch, is that okay?"

"I don't care, fuck it." Trixie said before being dragged into Katya's room.

"So, what do you wear to sleep normally?" Katya said letting go of Trixie's arm.

"I sleep naked" Trixie smiled

"Trixie" Katya gave Trixie a stop-playing look

"I use loose clothes."

"Is big shirt and shorts okay?" Katya asked looking through her clothes

"Yeah I guess"

"Okay here you have" Katya handed the clothes to Trixie, "You can change in the bathroom, I'll change here." Katya pointed to where the bathroom is.

"Thanks, Kat"

"It's nothing Trix" Katya said and Trixie left to the bathroom and Katya closed her room door.

Katya took off her dress, leaving it on the floor. This situation seemed oddly similar to one they had in the past, Katya smiled at the memories. She took off her bra, putting a big shirt on as well as a pair of shorts. Katya walked to the table next to her bed, opened the first drawer and grabbed a cigarette and a lighter. She walked to the window and opened it, walking into the balcony. Katya brought the cigarette to her mouth, letting it hang loosely. She then lit it up, letting out the cloud of smoke out of her mouth. After a few drags she heard a knock on the door.

"Go ahead" Katya said without turning to the door.

"Hey" She heard Trixie say before walking next to her. "You have a pretty view" Trixie said. She did, sky high buildings shinning, the typical night city landscape. Katya smiled.

"It is a pretty view to look at while smoking." Katya said before taking a drag of her cigarette.

"Katya, I have something to give you"

"I told you already Trixie I'm not having s-"

"Katya it's not that" Trixie rolled her eyes. "Consider it a late birthday gift." Trixie smiled and gave Katya a pen drive.

"What's this?" Katya said confused.

"Put it in your computer and find out." Trixie lifted her shoulders. "I'm going to sleep, goodnight Katya."

"Goodnight Trix" Katya said and Trixie left her room.

Katya finished the cig, threw it on the floor and stepped on it. She got inside of her room again, looking for her laptop. She grabbed it and sat on her bed, putting the laptop on her legs and opening it. Once the laptop turned on and everything was ready Katya connected the pen drive to one of the USB outlets. It was a video, Katya pressed the triangle on the screen to start it. There was a very young Trixie with a guitar on the screen, Katya immediately grinned, a nostalgic feeling filling her chest. 

"Hi! This is Red side of the moon, written by me"

Katya raised her eyebrows, surprised.

"Judy never asked her for forever
Judy never asked her for the moon"

Katya smiled looking at the screen.

" Judy knew that loving her was better
And no one knew her heart like Judy"

"Judy's never mentioned in the papers
Judy's never noted in the news
Judy knew that loving her was safer
Loving from the red side of the moon"

Katya saw her's and Trixie's story lining up with the song, she couldn't be tearing up so easily.

"Loving you from the red side of the moon
Loving her was funnier than a Saturday cartoon
Someday is a story and it's the one I'm sticking to
Loving from the red side of the moon"

Katya saw Trixie smile and close her eyes while playing.

"Judy's never minded all the waiting
Judy never thought to watch the clock
Judy knew that loving's in the patience
When the red side of the moon is what we've got"

Katya knew Trixie talked about the time they spent as best friends before being lovers. But still she related it with the patience she had for Trixie to come back.

"Loving you from the red side of the moon
Loving her was easier than a Kristofferson tune
Someday is a story and it's the one I'm sticking to
Loving from the red side of the moon"

"Judy left her best days in Chicago
Judy had her worst days in the rain
Middle of the winter with so far to go
And she couldn't keep on hitching to that train"

Katya let a tear run down her cheek when she remembered Trixie standing in the rain, alone, afraid and desperate. 

"And she still listens to the radio
Late night after midnight she tunes in
Sings along to songs and every word she knows"

Katya remembered crying the first time she heard Kiss Me after Trixie moved.

"Loving you from the red side of the moon
Loving her was heavier than a leaded red balloon
Someday is a story and it's the one I'm sticking to
Loving from the red side of the moon"

Katya wiped the tears from her face while Trixie played the last chord of the song.

"Happy birthday котенок, I love you"

Katya was taken back by the nickname and by the "I love you". She smiled instantly. A loud noise came from the video, as if there was a cut.

"Hi Katya" a Trixie in her 20s said. "It's 3:24 a.m, May first of 2014. I couldn't stop thinking about you." Trixie moved her hand, showing a glass with ice and orange liquid, Katya supposed it was alcohol. "I feel so dumb doing this" Trixie shook her head. "But I miss you and I can't help but think about you today" Trixie took a deep breath. "It feels so immature and dumb to still care about you" Trixie paused. "But I do anyways, I hope you're doing your best, filming some movie or something. Happy 23th birthday Katya, I still love you."

Katya cried. All the time she was worried about how Trixie felt about her, Trixie still loved her. Another loud noise came from the video, a Trixie in a hotel room appeared on the screen.

"Hi Kat" Trixie smiled. "It's 7p.m, May first 2021" Trixie winked. "I just got off the plane, my clothes are already all over the place." Trixie grabbed the laptop and showed her room. "I'm here for your birthday, and if you're seeing this it's because I wasn't a pussy and I was able to get into the party and give you this damn Pendrive I been carrying since I was seventeen." Trixie took a sip of water. "Hope you're having or had a great time, Happy birthday I love you Katya."

Katya shed another tear.

"I love you too" Katya whispered.