xxvi.

Hi guys! First off, sorry for the delay. I got sick (sinus infection) and I struggled a bit with how exactly I wanted to get to this point. I won't be updating as frequently the next little while just because of holidays etc. But I hope this reunion, though stunted and brief, is enough to give ya'll some enjoyment. I might post a few one shots during the holidays, but don't expect too much! Ya'lls comments etc TRULY make this all worth it.

-Linz

—————-

After Steve's recovery and in the aftermath of the S.H.I.E.L.D data leak, Natasha gave Steve a file.
I've never been more horrified than I was when he Sam and I began pulling on that thread.

Steve told me I didn't have to look, I didn't have to become involved. But after telling him about Bucky's reaction to me, and the disjointed memories I've been making connections with, I felt like it was to late to NOT be involved.

Plus, I needed a distraction from missing Moose. Even if this particular distraction was nightmare inducing. Nat came up short in her search for him, so I had to accept the fact that he may not have made it.

It's been a couple weeks, Steve and Sam fixed up our destroyed apartment. I'm not one hundred percent sure if they had a permit for some of the work they did, but I didn't ask. Once the place was back to living order, the three of us got started combing through the Hydra file.

It's all we've been doing for several days. We even have Tony using J.A.R.V.I.S. to dig through the leaked files from S.H.I.E.L.D. for any mentions of me. (to prove my theory that it was the corrupt sect of Hydra inside their ranks that took me) There's so much info that has been dumped, it may take weeks, even with the best A.I. in the world doing the legwork.

I was just hoping we'd able to find something. I just hoped we would be able to figure out where Bucky went. Just thinking about how scared he must have been makes me sick. Steve was distraught enough for the both of us though, I've been trying my best to help keep his chin up.

Problem is, how do you find a ghost? Bucky may not fully remember who he is, but he's got decade of being Hydra's Asset to aid him in staying hidden. I wasn't sure we would find him, until he wanted to be found.

Today after a particularly grueling session of research, and learning my boyfriends best friend was used to assassinate a president, I decided I needed a break. I kissed Steve on the temple and told him I'd be back in a bit with lunch.

Walking outside, I breathed in the cool late afternoon air. I absentmindedly played with the bracelet around my wrist as I started to walk.

A noise from the alley beside our building caught my attention as I passed by. Stopping mid step, my eyes scanned the narrow area filled with dumpsters and a/c units.

A pitiful mewl sounded and I felt my heart leap in my chest. I staggered towards the sound, and when I rounded the closest dumpster I skidded to a stop.

My hands shot to my mouth, my eyes stinging with tears. In the dimly lit alley, Moose sat next to a sagged figure. He was absolutely filthy and a bit slimmer, but I would know that fur-ball anywhere. I knelt to the ground hand outstretched, clicking my tongue to get his attention.

His bright eyes turned to me and he blinked lazily before turning his attention back the person who I had all but forgotten in my shock to see my cat alive.

"Oh my god," I whispered, realizing who it was, "Bucky."

He didn't move at the sound of my voice and upon closer inspection it looked that he was passed out. It had been weeks since the last time I had seen him. His clothes were different, he no longer wore the thick leather. Instead he had jeans that looks a bit to big, and a red henley beneath a worn hoodie. A baseball cap was on his head, his matted dirty hair tucked behind his ears.