Part Seven [Chapter Seven]

The little boy didn't seem brothered by the story but he swayed and looked away.

"What happened after? Wasn't October 31'st Wei Yings' birthday...?"

Lan Huan bit his lip as he covered his mouth.

Wei Ying woke up all excited and happy, he sat up with the brightest smile.

"Lan Zhan! Lan Zhan! Wake up! Aren't you going to greet me? It's my birthday, love? Lan Zhan!"

Wei Ying shook his lover awake with the happiest smile along with his heart that was in mayhem. He was going to propose to Lan Zhan under the Magnolia tree today since yesterday, he asked his father to prepare the place. He was going to sing for him, play his favorite song and watch their favorite movie together.

"Lan Zhan! Why are you sleeping in? Aren't you going to greet your lover?"

Wei Ying still shook him but to no avail. He also wondered... Why did he feel so cold?

"Lan Zhan. This isn't the time for joking. Wake up."

Wei Ying shook his lover, panic rising inside his chest as he felt tears welling up in his eyes. His bones were showing and his lips were peeling.

"LAN ZHAN! WAKE UP!"

Wei Ying shook his lover but he didn't respond. No... He isn't going to respond.

"LAN ZHAN!"

Wei Ying felt his pulse and it was gone. His heart wasn't beating that love song anymore. His eyes were no longer gold and his body became snow.

"LAN ZHAN! WAKE UP PLEASE!"

He let go of his tears as he shook his lover.

"LAN ZHAN YOU PROMISED ME!"

Wei Ying shattered.

"LAN ZHAN YOUR PROMISED ME YOU WEREN'T GOING TO LEAVE ME! THAT YOU'LL BE OKAY! THAT YOU'LL FIGHT!"

He tightened his grip on Lan Zhans' hospital gown.

"Love... Please... Please open you eyes..."

He didn't hear any noise. No groan, no huff and no irritation. He didn't feel a glare, no eyes landing on him.

"Lan Zhan... You... You lied to me..."

Wei Ying leaned close to Lan Zhans' face and kissed his cold lips. His cold nose and forehead as he closed those still open eyes that cried every last drop of dew drop tears.

"Lan Zhan... Happy... Happy Birthday... To me..."

He stood up with faulty legs as he went to the hospital phone.

"Hello, Room J-23. What is your inquiry?"

"My Lover... My Lan Zhan..."

"Yes? what happened to the patient in J-23?"

"Lan Zhan is... He's dead..."

"Excuse me?"

"MY LOVER IS DEAD!"

Wei Ying broke down in tears as he let go of the phone and slumped down on the floor.

"AAAHHHHH!"

Agonizing screams startled the whole ward as nurses and doctors rushed in the room. Lan Huan came in with tears running down his eyes. First, he saw his brother's dead body lying on the bed, lifeless and cold. Then he saw Wei Ying in pieces on the floor.