She paused. Something was definitely wrong. She never talks to me that way, with such long pauses and stuttering.

"I need you in my cabin with those red files."

"Yes sir."

With that I step out of the cabin. My thoughts were filled with 'why was Liam in her cabin?'

Soon she showed up in my cabin as promised.

"I will explain you how exactly to verify the files okay? You are supposed to follow these steps."

I said and gestured her to sit on the chair opposite to me. She looked a bit hesitant at my words.

"B-but I already have my own way of checking the files.."

"I know but I want you to use another method. Who knows you might find it easy."

"Oh yes sure. I'll do it."

With that I started explaining her. The entire time her eyes were fixed on my face, she was quite attentive.

That's my Elle.

Then she herself started working on the files while I did my own work. She seemed quite satisfied with my explanation.

Great, if she's happy, I'm happy too.

It was 6pm. I sighed as I turned off my computer and stretched my limbs.

My eyes searched for Elle and there she was, her head rested on the table, and eyes closed. She fell asleep.

I got up standing next to her a bit close and slowly lifted her arm to keep away all the files.

In the process I accidentally woke her up.

"U-uh s-sir I!"

She blinked her eyes a little looking at me. Embarrassment and shyness evident in her eyes.

I laughed mentally. She looked cute.

"It's alright. You can leave now. It's 6pm already."

I said, smiling slightly. She hurriedly stood up and adjusted her clothes. Then I remembered i had to tell her the truth.

"Elle wait, about yesterday.."

She looked at me a bit shocked. I continued.

"I am sorry, in the car, those words I said, I didn't mean it. It was j-just in the heat of moment I bursted.."

I looked down guilt taking over me.

"I am sorry too.. I promise I won't misplace any other file again.."

I looked at her. She spoke with a very soft voice.

"No actually.. it was all Aubrey's doing, it wasn't your fault Elle."

Her eyes widened.

"How do you know?!"

"I.. overheard her conversation with someone and turns out she misplaced the files purposely, so that I could get mad at you."