Chapter 63 - The Beauty and the Beast

Start from the beginning

Pei Ming indifferently slashed that ghost into shreds.

"If you're not a coward, then fight!" He left those words behind, then rushed to the battlefield. Every ghost soldier that met his sword had been slain.

Puffs of ashes had flown up in the air.

In the back, the Qinghe Nie disciples were still shaken to the core. They are cowards... but they really don't want to die...!

"AHHHHH!!!!!" All of a sudden, a Qinghe Nie disciple rushed out from the crowd. His eyes were bloodshot, and his cheeks were flushed in red. His hair wildly danced to the crackling music of death, and his footsteps left indents in the crippled ground.

"CHAAARGE!" That disciple ignored all signs of incompetence, and raised his sword.

Behind him, a few more disciples gathered. They all ran together, with their swords unsheathed. "CHAAARGE!!!" They called afterwards.

More and more disciples raced into the battlefield. They were all moved.

The three couples were stunned.

Wei Wuxian sighed, "It seems like Nie-xiong hasn't trained them that well. The blood of cowardice runs in their veins after all."

Lan Zhan patted him on a shoulder. "Mn."

Luo Binghe wiped away a trickle of blood from the corner of his mouth. "Hmph, but those dumb disciples are doing better than expected."

A ghost soldier and Qinghe disciple duelled it out. Their swords clashed against one another, with their bloods rushing to their heads. This was the thrill of the battlefield...! The Qinghe Nie disciple threw a kick at the ghost soldier's abdomen, with his grey robes flailing in the air.

The ghost soldier was thrown off his feet.

A sword stabbed straight through his face, and cracks gradually formed over his body. Then, the ghost soldier turned to ashes.

"FIGHT FOR QINGHE NIE! FIGHT FOR QINGHE NIE!" The disciples yelled.

Their chaotic voices had overthrown the battlefield. The ghost soldiers did not recede, and only more forces added. The troop of five thousand ghost soldiers had increased to ten thousand.

The sounds of weapons clashing against one another had exploded. Metallic sparks had brightened up the night, as blood sprayed all over the battlefield. Pei Ming swung his sword around his wrist. It was so fast that only past-images were left behind.

He cut the heads of several ghost soldiers down.

The three couples had also rushed into the battlefield. Shen Qingqiu slashed his Xiuya sword, preventing any of the ghost soldiers to get close to his lover; the Demon Lord.

Luo Binghe just pitifully clutched onto his Shizun's sleeves.

A white figure spun in the air. It was Lan Zhan, with his merciless sword, Bichen. He gave two slashes, which obliterated fifty ghost soldiers at the same time. Wei Wuxian unsheathed Suibian, assisting his lover in the battle.

Xie Lian avoided many ghost soldiers' attacks. While they weren't anticipating it, he gave them a strike of his palms!

The ghost soldiers recoiled in shock—then burst open from inside. Their fleshes splattered onto the ground, squirming around, as if still alive, just like maggots and worms. Hua Cheng naturally found it disgusting. With a disapproval look from his crimson red eyes, the flesh and blood vanished into ashes.

The number of ghost soldiers increased. More and more of them had spilt onto the battlefield. There were at least 20,000 of them...!

And those ghost soldiers had all changed towards one person... Pei Ming!