10

"I'm sorry you're staying where?" "Tannyhill."

We're all at The Wreck, Pope is sitting down and I'm next to JJ, his arm tucked around my waist. And Kiki is bringing us drinks.

"So you're living with Sarah Cameron." "Okay, look, the only reason I'm living there is because her dad bailed me out, right? And it's way better than foster care, which, by the way, is where I was about to go if Ward didn't..."

Kiara hands us our drink and I peer into JJ's cup. "Is that apple juice?" I ask, looking up at him. JJ takes a sip and nods. "Dude, can we trade." "Why didn't you ask for apple juice?" "Because I didn't know they had apple juice asshole." JJ hands me his cup and I take a sip, smiling and handing it back to him.

"Hey, so do you have a membership to the clubs now?" Pope asks. "Oh, I wanna go golfing!" I say.

"I don't know, Pope. And you don't know how to golf Jackie." "I could learn."

"What about those golf carts they drive around? You get one of those?" "Does it come with a sweater-vest or do you have to buy your own?" I smile at the mild annoyance we're causing JB. We've always made fun of Kooks, but now he technically is one.

"Look you promised. You said you weren't with her." John B looks up at Kie, obviously not denying the relationship anymore.

"Look just own it bro. She's got you." "You're pussy whipped JB." I say, earning a fist bump from Pope.

"Look if you want to hang out with her that's fine. But I'm letting you know right now that I'm not doing anything with Sarah." Kiara mentions.

"Do you guys see her here?" JB asks. "No. Right. So a little focus would be fantastic. We've got the map."

"It's all out of whack because the guy was ganja'd when he drew it." I give JJ a small pat on the back. "It's because the coast has changed." "So we just have to look for landmarks that haven't changed."

"What about the old forts?" JB says, Kiara looks up from the map. "Battery Jasper."

"Let's go bitches!" I say, picking up my cup and grabbing JJ's hand, pulling him with me to the Twinkie.

It's a short ride to the forts, I've been once or twice with JJ, but JB and Big John have told me all about them. "So we're in Battery, right here." Pope points to the map while we stand around him. "So if this is parcel nine, then it's somewhere northeast of here."

"Somewhere there." Kiara points out over the lookout, trees surrounding the area.

"Over there? Guy's, that's not Tannyhill, that's a subdivision." JJ chimes in. "Tannyhill Plantation was the entire island. It got sold into smaller pieces over time."

"So we're just looking for an old stone wall." Pope says, a drawing of a stone was underneath his finger.

"The Crain house."

"No way in hell." "Worst case scenario." "Why'd it have to be here.. Of all places."

"I heard that Mrs. Crain buried her husbands head on the property." JJ says. "Dude." He looks down at me and smiles. Before picking me up and lifting me over the wall.

"Look you guys know who's house this is right?" Kiara says while we make our way through the tall grass. "Oh, yeah. No I do." "Look honestly I don't believe the stories of this place." JB says from behind us. "Too good to be true Routledge?" I ask.

JJ pulls me with him to Kie's side and says softly. "Which stories did you hear?" "The one where she killed her husband with an axe and that she's been holed up ever since. And on certain nights, when the moon is full. You can see her in the window."