𝟬𝟰𝟬. first day jitters.

— ❝ ( chapter forty,  first day jitters. ) ᵕ̈ ೫˚∗

 ) ᵕ̈ ೫˚∗

THE FIRST DAY OF SCHOOL IS EVER EASY

THE FIRST DAY OF SCHOOL IS EVER EASY. Moonyoung had woken up bright and early, she hopped out of bed and scrambled to get her things as she rushed to the bathroom and locked it. Moonyoung quickly got ready, showered, brushed her teeth, put on some lip tint, concealer, a bit of eyeliner, and she hurriedly got dressed in the school uniform. She frowned at the basic uniform. Did America just happen to have no culture or style? She left the bathroom to see Youngjae standing outside, he looked her up and down and smiled, "You look pretty,"

"Don't just stand outside the bathroom like some idiot," Moonyoung snapped, trying to hide her blush, walking back to her side of the dorm. She grabbed her Chanel bag and bow. She clipped the vintage Chanel bow to the collar of her shirt and wore a small beaded necklace Jukyung had gotten for her as a gift. Moonyoung admired her outfit for a moment before grabbing her bag and leaving the dorm.

"Yah! Wait up!" Youngjae called, catching up to her. "What form are you in?" he asked, "Uh, I think A3?" Moonyoung said, stopping as she reached into her bag to double-check. "Yup, A3,"

"Nice, we're in the same class," Youngjae beamed, "Every form has a set schedule. We don't have anyone new joining our form, apart from you," Moonyoung smiled and nodded tightly. Great, another year and she just gets more attention.

As they walked down the stairs, they saw Daphne and Diego rush out of their dorm room, looking frazzled. Youngjae leaned into her ear, "They have a friends with benefits relationship. It does get awkward a lot --- loads of sexual tension,"

Moonyoung snorted. Daphne seemed to notice them and rushed over to see them. "Moonyoung! I hear you're in our form! Come! We'll take you to class!" Daphne beamed, linking arms with Moonyoung as Deigo wrapped an arm around Youngjae's shoulder.

The four of them strode out of the building and Deigo called a golf cart which drove them to the main building. "Our form class is in the English department," Deigo told her as they all went to the English department and entered class A3.

The class was filled with white kids, a few black kids, and only a handful of Hispanic and asian kids. Youngjae hollered Moonyoung over to the right side of the classroom where the windows were. "Here, each of us has assigned a seat, so you can sit here --- next to me!" Youngjae said happily, sitting down next to Moonyoung.

Moonyoung fidgeted as she waited for the teacher to appear, first day jitters! She played with her bow, her hair, everything she could fidget with, she was. Suddenly the door opened and their homeroom teacher came in.

He seemed like every other middle-aged white man who taught English. "Hello everyone! I am Professor Jones, I teach English and I will be your homeroom teacher this year. This year, we have one new student, Jang Moonyoung?" He called as Moonyoung nervously raised her hand, he smiled warmly before waving her to the front.

Moonyoung was really thankful the man didn't butcher her name up. ( it was hard to butcher, it was literally, Jang+Moon+Young ). Moonyoung slowly approached the front, feeling everyone's eyes burning holes into her body. "Right, Moonyoung, why don't you introduce yourself to the class?"

Moonyoung cleared her throat before speaking English, "Hi, my name is Jang Moonyoung--" she was cut off. "That's the Jang Organization Heiress!" Someone called as suddenly everyone seemed more interested in her. Who wouldn't be? Her father's business was worth billions.

"Uh, yeah. I hope we get along this year," Moonyoung continued before receiving a round of applause as she went back to her seat next to Youngjae. She turned to him, "Do you guys do that to every new student?" Moonyoung asked as Youngjae nodded

"It's a tradition. Every time there's a new student, someone shouts something during the introduction," Youngjae explained as Moonyoung nodded. "Right,"

Before Professor Jones could say anything the bell rung and everyone began to get up. Moonyoung just slipped her iPad into her Chanel backpack and she left class. "Yah! Wait up!" Youngjae called the Korean rolling off his tongue catching up to her. Moonyoung rolled her eyes

"Do you have to leech off me?" Moonyoung asked, rolling her eyes as she was scrolling through her phone.

"No, but I really don't want to listen to Daphne and Deigo flirt for the whole day, and so, you're stuck with me, darling,"

Moonyoung glared at him as she could feel the blood rush to her cheeks, what was up with this asshole? The stupid pet names, that stupid smirk, ugh! why was he so damn annoying? "Why are you glaring at me?" Youngjae asked

"I'm hoping you'll spontaneously combust," Moonyoung replied nonchalantly, walking off. she could hear Youngjae scoff behind her

"Do you even know the way to the art class?"

Moonyoung stopped, groaning, she turned around and went back to Youngjae. "I thought so," he said, walking off as Moonyoung rolled her eyes and went after him.

Walking down the halls next to Youngjae Yun was a weird experience, to say the least. Girls were eyeing him like he was some god, glaring at Moonyoung. "Do girls here worship you or something?"

"Oh, yeah," Youngjae nodded, Moonyoung rolled her eyes, this cocky bastard. "Even if I found one of the girls kind of pretty, I wouldn't be able to date them,"

"Why? I mean everyone here is rich in some way," Moonyoung asked, genuinely confused

"Because they're white," Youngjae answered, oh, like that answered everything. Youngjae seemed to understand the look on her face, "My family are really traditional, and they won't ever allow me to date, anyone who isn't Korean,"

"Well, I'm sure there are Korean girls here,"

"Nope,"

"Not one?"

"Nope,"

"Wow, so much for diversity,"

Youngjae laughed as he pushed open the door to the art studio. Moonyoung marveled at all the paintings. How pretty. Then a pink haired lady came waltzing out of a corner of the room. "Hello, my dears, welcome back, and welcome Moonyoung! I am Mrs. Smith," Mrs. Smit introduced as the two shook hands, "My top student! Youngjae!" she gushed, patting Youngjae's cheek.

Youngjae smiled knowingly and the two fell into a lapse of boring conversation about art as Moonyoung went to sit next to Daphne. "Hiya Moonyoung,"

"Hey,"

"God I hate this class," Daphne sighed, she was scrolling through her phone before she gasped, standing up as Moonyoung jumped.

"What?" Moonyoung asked, worriedly

"That asshole!" Daphne cried, showing Moonyoung the phone. There was a picture of Diego and another girl. "Ugh! How infuriating! This is obviously staged!"

"Huh? How do you even know?" Moonyoung asked

"It's this website. It's a blog," Daphne sighed, showing her the phone screen. "It's the school's gossip website. You can submit secret confessions and tips. Believe me. This website knows everything, everyone. Any skeletons in your closet, it'll be out soon,"

oh, how lovely.