𝟬𝟮𝟰. second lead syndrome

— ❝ ( chapter twenty-four, second lead syndrome. ) ᵕ̈ ೫˚∗

 ) ᵕ̈ ೫˚∗

THE NIGHT WAS ALIVE

THE NIGHT WAS ALIVE. performances from the students of Saebom High. From the adorable dances to the rainbow strength show. Moonyoung cheered as she sat next to Soojin and Soo-ah. After a hilarious grandma dance, the MC entered the stage again. "I hear that Saebom has two celebrities," The MC stated, "Apparently, two students use to be K-idol trainee's!" he cheered, Where are you guys!?" he asked as everyone pointed to Moonyoung and Seojun.

"Here!" They cheered as Moonyoung facepalmed. After Jukyung had convinced Seojun everyone turned to Moonyoung. She kept on refusing until Suho finally asked. "I haven't heard you sing in a while," Suho mused, "Sing for me, I'll grant you a wish," he said simply. Butterflies were zooming around in Moonyoung's stomach.
"Fine, just for you, plus i want a wish," she smiled going onto the stage with Seojun. The two glanced at each other before singing. Harmonizing here and there.

After the performance, Moonyoung was on a walk when she bumped into Jukyung. "Why are you still out here?" Moonyoung asked, noticing the frown on Jukyung's face. "You see..." Jukyung was about to say before cutting herself off.

"Have you seen Suho? I need to use my wish now," Moonyoung beamed, "Suho?" Jukyung asked, 'I don't know I really want this thing-" Moonyoung rambled before her eyes landed on the jacket in Jukyung's hand. "Isn't that Suho's?" Moonyoung asked randomly.

"Yes, Taehoon wanted me to give it to Suho," Jukyung explained, "Oh really? I could give it to him if you want," Moonyoung said reaching out for the jacket to see Jukyung move back. "Oh, I mean you could give it to him, I could see him tomorrow-" Moonyoung rambled happily again.

"Actually, you should give it to him," Jukyung uttered handing her the jacket. "I heard he's by the stream," Jukyung pointed, "Oh really? Thanks, Jubal~ Make sure to rest!" Moonyoung beamed as she ran off to the stream.

She turned around to see Suho, "Oh Ho-Ho!" she beamed "What is this?" Suho asked seriously, "What do you mean?" Moonyoung asked, her face falling. "Jukyung told me to give this to you," she explained handing him the jacket.

"Told you?" Suho asked as Moonyoung nodded in reply. He coldly turned away from her and walked away. "Yah! Take your jacket," she stated coldly -- copying his tone throwing him the jacket to see a pretty necklace he dropped. She finally understood. Taehoon had set it up for Suho to ask Jukyung out. She felt like a real idiot.

"You dropped this," she added throwing the necklace at him as he caught it and ran off. She didn't notice but for the last few weeks, she had fallen for him. Warm tears escaped her eyes but her face remained cold and unreadable. She looked up to see the full round moon. her tears now freezing.

Seojun was walking around to see Jang Moonyoung staring at the moon. "Moonyoung!" he called running over to her, seeing her expression. "What's wrong?" he asked quietly. "I feel like a second lead in a Kdrama," she muttered quietly as another tear escaped her eyes. Soon her eyes were pouring but her expression was set in stone.

"Hey, hey, hey, is this about Suho and Jukyung?" Seojun asked softly, "How did you know?" Moonyoung asked. "Your eyes. You look at Suho like how you looked at Seyeon," Seojun explained also turning to the moon.

"I'm sorry for not saving him," she apologized quietly as Seojun turned to her his eyes softening. "Don't be," he said quietly. "I could've saved him, if I grabbed him faster he would've still been alive," she sniffled quietly.

"Sshh," he hushed pulling her into a hug. "Jang Moonyoung, don't be sorry," he soothed as she could finally let it go, she cried hard. After there were no more tears, she and Seojun sat by the stream bench in pure silence. "I hate Lee Suho," she said suddenly as he laughed. "Welcome!" he cheered. "Friends?" Seojun asked looking at her with pure joy. she smiled.

"Best friends,"