»𝑪𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 - 25«

Start from the beginning

She expected him to argue. To beg her to let him stay. She almost wanted him to.

But he did not. 

"I'm sorry if I gave you the wrong impression."
Last time looking at her guiltily, he whispered, breaking her glass-like heart.

●○●

"What did the doctor say? Is everything good?"
Mr. Ahmed asked the couple. 

Instead of disclosing the news over the phone, Reeha and Ayyan thought to come over and deliver the news themselves. So now here they were in Ahmed house.

"Yes, Alhamdulillah. We heard the baby's heartbeat and it was fine."
Ayyan replied.

Mrs. Ahmed, who was looking at the sonogram picture for the last five minutes at last spoke.

"Allah! I can't believe… I can't believe that our daughter is pregnant with this precious baby."
Shaina Begum said while tracing the picture.

"It's really precious."
Mr. Ahmed agreed with a smile.

"Did you have dinner?"
Mrs. Ahmed asked her daughter. 

"No. I'm sick to my stomach so I didn't eat anything."
Reeha said, pouting.

She was barely able to eat anything which was the reason they visited the hospital in the first place.

"I knew it. You take after me. I had bad morning sickness in my time. You still need to eat something."
Mrs. Ahmed rambled.

"Mumma! It's ok. Relax!"

"How is it okay? Wait a minute. I'll prepare something for you."

"Mumma, let me help you."
Azeen offered.

"It's okay. You guys talk. Let me prepare dinner for my grandchild."
Mrs. Ahmed dismissed her and then went into the kitchen.

"There she goes being an overprotective mother."
Mr. Ahmed said whereas Ayyan smiled.

"Let me see it."
Taking the sonogram picture, Mr. Ahmed looked at it with pride.

"I'm so happy for you."
Azeen, who was sitting beside Reeha, said while holding her hand.

"Me too, bhabi. It was such a surprise for us. Everyone was happy about Ayana and Imraan bhai's alliance and now this news. You should have seen mom's face. It was worth watching."
Reeha said with a smile remembering how her mother-in-law was going crazy in happiness hearing the news.

"Btw now we are going to be in-laws again."
Reeha said, indicating Ayana and Imraan's wedding.

"Yeah! You better treat us well. After all, we are the groom's family."
Azeen joked, making Reeha laugh.

"On a serious note, I'm so happy for them. I think both suits each other, don't they?"

"Of course they do. Trust me they are going to be the cutest couple. I'm so excited about the wedding. I have already decided I'm going to wear black at their engagement."
Smiling, Azeen shook her head at Reeha's enthusiasm.

After talking for a few more minutes, Reeha excused herself and went into the kitchen to her mother.

As soon as Reeha went away, Azeen looked at her side and her eyes were met with his who was silently listening to Mr. Ahmed and Ayyan's conversation.

Quickly Azeen averted her eyes not wanting to look at him.

●○●