ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ғɪᴠᴇ

Gai canceled his date with you with the excuse that he is 'busy'

However, he looked kind of nervous when uttered such words out of his mouth.

Yet, you decided not to pressure him about it and just accepted his excuse.

Right now, you are at home, preparing food as Naruto is playing in the living room in his bassinet while surrounded by his toys.

You smile, suddenly remembering an old memory back when you were at the academy.

Flashback

"I'm so glad that we got sorted in the same team, Obi," you exclaim with a cheerful tone, hugging the Uchiha.

"Me too, I'm also happy that Rin is on the same team as us" your mood switches to a sour one.

You don't hate Rin, but it gets on your nerves how your crush always keeps speaking about her.

"Yeah, me too," you say half-heartedly.

Kakashi walks up to you two with his hands in his pockets.

"(Y/n)?" you raise an eyebrow surprised that the silver-haired boy is speaking to you in the first place.

Kakashi actually avoids girls in the class, which isn't surprising considering how he gets annoyed by their fangirling.

"Yes, Kakashi?"  Obito glares at his rival in anger that he is speaking to you.

"Wanna hang out together this afternoon" you smile nervously at his request.

"(Y/n) and I will be training this afternoon" Obito interferes, placing his arm around you, pulling you closer to him protectively.

Kakashi stares at Obito, then turns his gaze to you, and starts speaking again.

"I will come by your house at five"

End of flashback

Suddenly, the memory cuts short when you realize something.

How did Kakashi know where you live even though you never told him about it?

You are going to have to ask him about it when he returns from his mission.

This memory makes you sad, you wish Obito and Rin were still alive.

Even if they got together and became a couple, you don't mind at all.

You never minded...as long as Obito was going to be happy.

The loud squeals coming from the living room cut your thoughts off.

You decide to leave the food preparation and go check on Naruto.

The moment you enter the room, your heart drops in your chest, as someone wearing an orange mask, holds your baby chick.

"Who are you?!" you demand, ready to take action to save the Uzumaki baby.

"Did you already forget about me, (your nickname)?" The stranger teases.

No one ever calls you by your nickname except for one person.

"Obito?"

He chuckles deeply, walking over to you.

"So you are now with Kakashi?" you were about to deny it, but he continues.

"Your standards has gotten very low, Senju"