ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴏɴᴇ

🍥🍥 🐤 🍥🍥

🍥🍥 🐤 🍥🍥

You smile down at the blond-haired baby with a sad glint in your eyes, as he sleeps peacefully.

Kakashi stands beside, also sad for his sensei's death and the fact that Naruto has to grow up without his parents.

"What have you and the Hokage-sama spoke about?" the copycat ninja asks, looking at you.

"I will be taking care of Naruto from now on, Kakashi-kun," you reply.

You place a hand on the baby's cheek, Naruto coos and leans into your hand with a smile on his face, while still sleeping.

"You are incapable of taking care of a baby, (Y/n)" you frown, and glare at the silver-haired boy.

"What do you mean I'm incapable of taking care of sensei's baby, Kakashi?!"

"Because you are an idiot" you pout at his response.

The infant starts fuzzing in his sleep and before you know it, he starts wailing.

You pick up Naruto and place him in your embrace, which calmed him down.

"See, how it is easy to take care of him," you say, as Naruto hides more in your embrace.

"What about your ANBU job?" you shrug.

"I quit it, I'm going to detect my time in taking care of Naruto" you reply.

"Why?"

The question made you silent for a few seconds before answering.

"Because we are quite the same"

Indeed, your parents died when you were five.

"I want Naruto to have the childhood I never had, Kakashi"

He places a hand on your right shoulder, then looks down at baby Naruto who is now playing with your hair.

"Then let me help you"

This is his chance to be with you, now that all of his teammates are out of the picture.

Kakashi now can have you all to himself.

"You know what Naruto reminds me of, Kakashi?"

The said boy snaps out of his thoughts, as you suddenly shove the gurgling child in front of his face.

"A cute baby chick" you tease with a huge smile on your face.

"More like an ugly baby chick"

"Hey, don't say that about my baby chick"