5. Strange Things Are Happening

Adley's POV
Caspian and I are talking at the Institute in the main section and while talking my family comes running in from the mission. They all hug me and when they stop they look at me weirdly.

"What is it? Are you guys ok? Did you get hurt?" I ask them worried

"We're fine honey but you're not exactly safe." Dad says to me slowly and I look at him confused. "What do you mean? I ask him

"Well, while we were fighting the demon it said, 'Adley Herondale, where are you?', and than vanished. It was the same demon that has been coming for you." He explains to me and I look at them scared.

"You are not going on a mission any time soon Adley." Mom voices to me

"What, I need to be there to protect you guys. I'll be fine" I hopefully convince them

"No!" They all almost yell at me and I look at them shocked. "Alright fine, nothing bad better not happen to you guys though when I'm not there." I give in

"Good because this is dangerous for you Adley. This demon is far from your training and you're only 15, almost 16 but still young. Just for now lay low ok." Mom advises me and I look at her and nod. "I promise I will" I tell her honestly and she hugs me tight. "Good" Mom says and rubs my back and I hug her back. Than we see Brea skipping over here and she has a big cute smile on her face.

"Hey angel" Uncle Alec says as he picks her up in his arms.

"Adley can I talk to you?" Aunt Izzy asks me and I look at her. "Yeah, sure" I reply and we go a bit farther from everyone.

"What's up?" I ask her

"Caspian won't admit to this but I think knowing that a demon is after you like this, it's bringing back horrible memories of him with Octavius. Which is making him more scared for you because he thought he was going to die with Octavius and now him knowing you could possibly die with this demon after you... it's terrifying him. Just watch out for him ok." Aunt Izzy fills me in and I take a deep breath while looking at Caspian.

"I will, thank you for telling me this aunt Izzy." I thank her and she smiles at me and puts her hand on my arm. When she goes back to everyone else I look at Caspian and think how to help him. He notices me looking at him and comes up to me quietly.

"Hey, are you ok?" Caspian asks me "Yeah, are you?" I ask him back and he kisses me softly. "Does that answer your question?" He wonders "Yes" I lie and uncle Alec comes up to us.

"Hey Caspian I was thinking we might need to change your weapon. This one seems to be boring you out and not having much use." Uncle Alec suggests to him. "Yeah sure" Caspian and as they go to the weapons room Caspian kisses me on the cheek quickly.

"Hey little bug, are you ok?" Uncle Magnus asks me and I quickly look at Caspian without realizing it. "Are you two ok?" He asks me

"Yeah, it's just, aunt Izzy thinks his memories with Octavius are coming back because I'm being hunted by this demon. Can you maybe talk to him to get him to open up?" I ask him

"Yeah, of course, I know a thing or two about that feeling so I'm willing to help." Uncle Magnus "Thank you" I tell him while hugging him.

"Everything ok?" I hear mom ask and we stop hugging when I see her. "Yeah just Caspian, we'll get it handled." I tell her

"Are you sure?" Mom checks while looking at uncle Magnus. "Totally biscuit" He replies to her with a smile. All of a sudden I feel dizzy and a shooting pain through my stomach makes me fall too the ground.

"Adley!" Everyone yells and I just scream. Mom holds my face up and dad holds my hand but I just keep screaming and now I can't breath.

"I can't, b-b-breathe." I tell them and screech in pain and uncle Magnus starts to do his magic.

"The demon is trying to get inside of her again." He informs us

"How did it get in the Institute?" Uncle Alec questions and the pain gets worse and I scream like I've never screamed before. I almost pass out but dad and uncle Alec get me sitting up. I can't control my body anymore that I just pass out.

Clary's POV
"Adley, Adley!" I say practically yelling and she won't wake up. Than in a quick moment she wakes up but with her eyes black all around. Than her brown eyes come back.

"Adley?" Magnus checks and she just smiles with a smirk.

"Nope, guess who" No, no, no

"Leave my daughter alone" I demand it and it just laughs at me. "That's cute, sorry but your daughter is really fun to be inside. Her mind only thinks about you guys. I'm pretty sure she would hate me for this but it seems like too much fun." The demon looks at Magnus and runs to him and kicks him across the wall.

"Magnus!" Alec shouts and runs to help him up.

"I was right, Adley is screaming horrible things at me for that. I did that because he's a warlock, he can easily ruin my fun. Good luck finding me, well your daughter." The demon vanishes and we all go to Magnus.

"Well, this is going to be difficult to kill." Magnus mentions and we all look at each other. We hear footsteps behind us and we turn around and it's Madzie.

"Hey guys, what's going on?" She asks us and Alec and Magnus go and catch her up. I can't help but start shaking my hands.

"Hey, we'll get her back like we did last time. She's Adley, she's strong, she's our daughter." Jace is right, she'll be back to herself once again.

Why Adley? I still don't get this. What kind of demon just wants one person forever?

Maybe the demon is with someone who wants revenge? ❤️