4. It's All About The Healing

Adley's POV
Once I finish getting dressed in black leggings, dark green shirt with a tie at the bottom, black ankle heel boots. I curl my red hair in waves and put light makeup on. Than I hear a knock on my door.

"Come in" I tell them and it's aunt Izzy.

"Hey angel, how are you feeling so far today? You up for the day?" Aunt Izzy asks me while coming up to me.

"I feel ok, I'm definitely going to take it slow today. Just a little training but what if there's a mission? Should I go?" I wonder and she sighs.

"I don't think so sweetie. You don't want to overdo it." Aunt Izzy assures me and I smile at her.

"You're probably right, I could probably just hang out with Josh today than because I know Caspian is training all day." I suggest

"That's a perfect idea, training might not be good for your health either. So just hang out with Josh all day and have some fun but yet relax ok." Aunt Izzy advises me and I nod in agreement. "Yeah, you're right aunt Izzy." I agree and uncle Alec comes running in.

"We have a mission Izzy. Adley it's probably not..." Uncle Alec is about to say but I stop him. "I know, don't worry I'll be with Josh all day." I inform him and he comes up to me and hugs me and I hug him back.

"Smart choice Adley, we couldn't risk anything so soon but we really gotta go Izzy. Jace and Clary are coming too. Also they told me to tell you to get some rest. They're getting the weapons so they didn't have time to tell you." Uncle Alec notifies me and I smile.

"Well thank you for telling me uncle Alec." I thank him and he smiles at me. "You're welcome, Izzy we really gotta go." He tells her and aunt Izzy hugs me and so does uncle Alec.

"Get lots of sleep kiddo." Aunt Izzy parents me "I will, be safe guys." I remind them

"We'll be fine, it's you we need to worry about." Uncle Alec points his blade at me when he says that and I just look at him with a smile.

"You guys should probably get going for that mission right?" I remind them and they quickly hug me goodbye and when they leave I just laugh. I really hope they'll be ok, please stay safe.

Clary's POV
Izzy and I are teamed up and Jace and Alec are with each other. Izzy and I are on front side of the underground tunnel and Jace and Alec are on the other side. The demon comes from the hole up top and it's the same demon that attacked Adley.

"Be careful! It's the same one that hurt Adley so it's strong!" Jace shouts at everyone so we can hear him. It flies over to me and I am able to just bruise it with my blade. It gets scared and screeches and flies to the boys.

"This is for my daughter!" I hear Jace say and my heart flutters when he says that. He hits the demons knee and it gets weak. "Izzy whip now!" Jace shouts at her and she walks closer to it.

"Go back to hell you son of a bitch!" Izzy threatens it and the whip wraps around its neck and Izzy tightens it.

"Be careful Izzy!" I tell her and she continues on.

"Alec help now!" Isabelle demands him and she uses the whip to choke the demon and the scream is so hard to listen to but I ignore it. Alec goes really close to it which makes me nervous. He's able to put his sword through the demon and kills it.

"Is everyone ok?" Alec asks us

"I'm fine" We all 3 say at the same time. We all hug and take deep breaths but as Izzy and I are hugging the demon comes back to life and disappears.

"You have got to be kidding me." Jace says and we all sigh annoyed. The demon comes flying back and we hear it say.

"Adley Herondale, where are you?" A lump in my throat comes. Than it disappears again

"Ok, is it just me or did it say, 'Adley Herondale, where are you?'" Jace asks us and I look at him scared. Why the hell does this demon want with my daughter so badly?

What and why does it want her so badly? ❤️