9.0 || Creepy Town. ||

Start from the beginning

((A/n: My mom was in my room when I was watching this scene and ended up cracking up at this 😭))

His smile faltered. "E-Er...You didn't have to close up shop so suddenly...We just wanted to ask a question. Is there a hotel nearby?"

"..."

"Hello?"

"I don't know." And with that he turned around walking away.

"Huh? Wait a minute! What do you mean you don't know!?"

The man didn't reply and kept walking until he was consumed in darkness.
"W-What's with that guy..?" Joseph wondered and you tapped his shoulder.
"How about we ask that person sitting over there?"
You pointed and Polnareff strolled over giving the man a closed eye smile.

"Hey, guy! Sorry, but we're looking for a hotel. Preferably a hotel with nice, clean toile-"

"They're dead." You cut him off, a grim look on your face.

"Huh, How do you know?"

"You can't see them from the angle your standing at but the eyes."

Polnareff pulled their shoulder, and the corpse leaned back, the mouth opened with a final look of fear permanent on their face.
Lizards chasing after beetles crawled out of the mouth.

"WHAT!?" They yelled in unison and you moved to the side, avoiding a lizard.

"They're dead! They died with that look of fear on their faces!" Joseph exclaimed and you were fixated on how other townsfolk simply walked by as if nothing is happening.

Polnareff stared at the body with an uneasy smile. "W-What the hell is this? Why are they lying dead in the road?"
"What was cause of death?!"
"A heart attack? A stroke?" He questioned even more.

Jotaro walked around the body, leaning forward to get a better look, "That could be...but it doesn't seem to be ordinary heart failure."

"A g-gun! This guy is holding a gun..." Polnareff said surprised.
"You just noticed? He fired it, not to mention it was just fired from the smoke coming from it."
Joseph analyzed.

You looked back at the body. "It wasn't suicide, there's no blood or wounds anywhere."

"Then how'd this guy die?! Look at them! Their face is distorted like they were screaming in utter terror!" Polnareff gestured to the obvious.

Joseph kneeled down to examine more carefully, while you had the urge to walk away.
Something was really off about this town and you wanted to know why.

"What did this man shoot with his gun? What in the world is going on?" Joseph questioned.
"No one in town noticed anything?"

You drowned out their talk and Copycat laid his body across your shoulders before taking his paw and pushing your head to the side.

"Huh?- Oh." You stared at the
twin children and they stared back.

Follow us~
What could've been their voices spoke beside you, but their mouths were closed.