14-𝚂𝚘𝚛𝚛𝚒𝚎𝚜☮︎︎

*Two Weeks Later*
*Marshall's P.O.V*

My phone has probably hundreds of missed calls and texts from them three.

I can't do this anymore.

I pick up my phone and I call Curtis back.

"Yeah Hey man lis-"

"Where the fuck have you been?" He asks.

"Around, listen I'm sorry,"

"Don't tell me that, tell Lana. She's done with your ass."

"Ok thank you," I try to say sincerely.

She thinks I'm a dick. Deep down I know it's not her fault. 

This is my luck, ruining everything good that happens to me.

I put on my sweatshirt and head out of my house, to my car.

The radio blares from the night before as I start the car.

Every turn I make towards her house, I become more anxious.

There it is. Her house.

I take a deep breath and get out of the car. I make my way to her doorstep and raise my hand up to knock on it. I hesitate at first but then place three knocks on the door.

She opens the door looking at her phone. Then she looks up and her emotion on her face immediately changes.

"No, Marshall. Goodbye" She says, closing the door.

I catch it with my arm. "Can we please talk?" I encourage.

"So now you want to talk after going MIA for two weeks?" She says putting her phone in the pocket of her sweatpants.

"Listen I'm sorry, Lana. Can I please just come in so we can talk about this?" I beg.

She rolls her eyes and steps aside. I walk in, past her, and she shuts the door behind me.

All of this was never meant to happen. I just want to go back to what things were, maybe even more. I had realized I had feelings for Lana while I went awol. Only problem was; How am I going to handle this?

It's a 1 in 100 chance she forgives me let alone get together with me after the shit I said and did.

We walk over to the kitchen of her's and I sit down on the stool and she stands behind the kitchen island.

I can tell she's been crying. Her eyes are red and a bit puffy and her nose looks irritated.

"I'm really sorry, It wasn't your fault." I plead to her.

"You were so certain it was though. What changed?"

"I had time to think just please forgive me Lan, I can't deal with you hating me."

"You can't deal with me hating you? How the fuck do you think I felt when you were yelling at me like crazy, blaming this all on me, then leaving all of us, and no contact with you for weeks?' Her voice starts to get shaky.

"I know I-"

"I thought you were never going to talk to us or see me again. Just when things were getting good between us. There was one thing and you leave? Really?' She starts to raise her voice.

"I know, It was a dick move. I'm really fuckin' sorry, Lan. I know I'm an asshole, and I shouldn't have blamed any of this on you, It's my shit that I still haven't dealt with." I say standing up from the stool.

*Lana's P.O.V*

"Marshall I cant do this with you right now, you weren't understanding to me. What should I be understanding to you?" I say to him.

"You shouldn't, but I need you be understanding" He says taking a step toward me.

"I started to really like you, why did you have to do this? Why did my ex have to ruin my life again?" I say starting to cry.

"Im so fucking pissed at myself," he says,!starting to look angry. "This is all my damn fault," He yells.

I pause as I don't know what to say, I look up to him as he looks down. His breaths are hard and heavy, he gulps, then pulls me into a hug.

"I'm sorry," He says, running his fingers through my hair. "No, I'm sorry, you shouldn't have been there."  I say resting my head against his chest.

Now I feel really bad about what happened. I know it wasn't my fault nor Marshall's but now I feel guilty for him hitting Jay. Jay was my ex and he shouldn't have had to stand up for me and hit him. Thank God he did though, I don't know what would have happened if he wasn't here.

I feel his muscles relax as I run my hands up and down his back.

"I never wanted any of this to happen," He says resting his chin on my head.

"I know" I say. My words muffle into his chest.