pt27. Storming Out

"Your memory feels like home to me. So whenever my mind wanders, it always finds it's way back to you." - Ranata Suzuki

+++

Silas's POV

I wake up to find my head on the crook of Caden's arms. I don't know how to react to last night. I've never done that to anyone, not even when my parents died. 

To say that I'm slightly embarrassed would be an understatement, but God, I don't want to lose her. I can't. It will wreck me. 

When I finally pry myself off her after five minutes of savoring her warmth, I notice streaks of dried tears on her cheeks. 

Was she crying?

I didn't notice. All I remember last night was her soft-spoken words and the amazing feeling of her fingers raking through my hair. 

God, I'm such an asshole. Here she is in the fucking hospital and I wasn't there for her when she broke down. I was the one to. What the fuck is wrong with me? 

It's no fucking shit that I am a selfish fuck. I wasn't always but my life got worse when I lost my parents. I mean, my brothers were there, but with the weight of the company on my shoulders, it felt like I had to upstand there expectations of me as well as my own. 

I didn't have time to have a life when I was too busy focusing on everything else that people expected from me: my parents, my brothers, the press. Those five years were absolute hell, especially with the reputation that my parents made, but I did it. We did it. 

Sage and Sawyer are annoying fucks but we fucking did it. I guess through that, I lost how to be a fucking decent human. 

I hated how I treated Caden. I know what the fuck I was doing and I still fucking did it. I don't know what about her made me treat her so badly. Her manners, her voice, the way she carried herself just confused me. Why the fuck was she always so fucking happy when life is fucking shit?

But now... now she's the reason I get up in the morning. I can't do shit without her, and I can't lose her. I was always puzzled by how happy my parents were with each other, but now I know, and I will do everything in my power to keep her. 

Beside me, I feel a stir. Caden's eyes peak open, and when she notices me, she doesn't smile. Actually, she doesn't do anything; she just stares. 

"Hi, baby, are you okay?" I ask her. From now on, I will be by her side every step she's recovering, whether she likes it or not. 

"I'm okay." She looks to the door and then back at me. "You should probably get to work, it's already nine." I immediately shake my head. I am not leaving her. Not anymore. 

"No, I am staying here. I want to be here." Her face falls a bit and she opens her mouth to say something, but I cut her off. "I won't leave you, I promise. Look, I know I haven't been the best boyfriend, I know. But I'm trying. This is all new to me. This relationship stuff. Just give me a chance, I promise I won't let you down again." 

Her face forms a small smile, and she nods her head with understanding. "Okay." Before she can say anything else, a nurse steps inside. 

+++

Caden's POV

Silas stayed true to his word. All day, he's helped me, from going to the bathroom, to getting my IV replaced, even to eat my chocolate pudding. Seriously, I've never seen a man this attentive when opening a container of pudding before.