Chapter 62 - Twenty Thousand as One

Start from the beginning

"Be on your guard!" Xie Lian yelled to all the Qinghe Nie disciples.

The latter tensed, gripping onto their chosen weapons. Sweat slicked the surface of their palms, and anxiety squeezed them tighter than a serpent's grip.

"How are we supposed to fight the ghosts in the dark..." A disciple grumbled. "We can barely see..."

All of a sudden, a dazzle brightened up the skies. It was... the silver butterflies! Hua Cheng indifferently commanded them to fly upwards, bringing light to the battlefield. The silver butterflies flapped their wings, with a beautiful design outlining them.

"Wow, Hua Chengzhu is so generous!" Wei Wuxian clapped.

Hua Cheng scoffed. "For the sake of the battle."

"I can see them!" Shen Qingqiu looked at the horizon. Indeed, there were the outlines of ghosts coated in armour. Their footsteps made the earth quake in tremors.

The Qinghe Nie disciples were even more nervous.

"About 500 metres." Feng Xin stated through the private communication array.

"It's not 500 metres. It's 200!" By his side, Mu Qing yelled.

The figures of the ghost soldiers became more visible. They were like stars, glowing in the dark abyss. Ghosts were the spirits of the dead. Naturally, their bodies defied the logic of humanity and living beings. They charged forwards, with their swords and spears pointed forwards.

140 metres... 130... 110... 100 metres...

"Now, Luo-xiong!" Wei Wuxian turned to Luo Binghe.

The Demon Lord took a deep breath. He felt time slow down. The sound of his own breathing became more transparent, and his hammering heart rang across his entire body. Luo Binghe felt the entire world's spiritual energy. There was the wisp of the air, which strung around his cheeks coolly. The feeling of the sword's hilt made his hands burn.

Slowly, Luo Binghe opened his eyes.

Merciless, he slashed his hand with spiritual energy. Immediately, a cut formed, and blood dribbled out. The blood—a colour of ominous crimson red—had flowed into the Strongest Sword.

The hilt of the sword had burned even hotter.

"How despicable." The Strongest Sword roared. "You're trying to command me! You're trying to take over me! As expected of a devil!"

Luo Binghe ignored the sword, and let the blood seep even deeper.

"However, I am a strong-willed Sword! I will not let you take over me!"

"Binghe, the enemies are... 100 metres close." Shen Qingqiu shuddered. It will take the ghost soldiers less than 20 seconds to arrive! There was no way they'd be able to unsheathe the Strongest Sword within this limited amount of time...!

"No." Lan Zhan suddenly got an idea.

Wei Wuxian looked curiously at his husband. "Lan Zhan?"

Lan Zhan nodded. He gestured towards all of the disciples, "Hurry! Send spiritual energy to each other, and then pour the entire amount into Luo Binghe's body!"

All of the disciples did as they were told.

From the back of the line, the disciples began to circulate their spiritual energy. They pressed their palms against the back of the disciple in front of them, then poured in their spiritual energy. This chain of sending spiritual energy continued, from the back to the front.