⇛ 𝐂𝐇. 𝟓𝟒

Start from the beginning

"come here, my son." chenle said to mark, patting the space next to him.

jisung slyly made his way over to where donghyuck was laying and tugged at his feet, pulling him off the bed. he then took his place beside yunhee.

"what the hell!" donghyuck yelled. "you took my space!"

"accident. my bad." jisung replied, holding a hand up.

"you can sit here." yunhee said, gesturing to the area in front of her.

he climbed over the others and plopped down into the space. just to provoke jisung, he stuck his tongue out at him and placed his head on her lap.

"this is nice." chenle sighed, his arms around jaemin's waist. "i love you guys."

"we love you too, chenle." jaemin replied, pinching his cheeks.

"so catch me up on whatever i missed." yunhee said.

"nothing much. the goblin is going to help us get into gringotts in exchange for the sword of gryffindor." jeno explained.

"that's good. at least we're getting somewhere." she replied, her throat feeling a bit hoarse and dry.

they all felt silent, appreciating each other's presence. they were sat on the bed, cuddled together after days of horror and fatigue. it was the perfect moment for them.

"can we all just stay like this forever?" mark mumbled.

"sadly, i need to go get some water from downstairs. i'll be right back. hyuck, get up." yunhee said, tapping his forehead. he moved over and she climbed off the bed, only for him to follow her.

"i'll come with you."

"ew. look at how clingy he is." jisung said.

"you're one to talk." donghyuck retorted and before they could start fighting, yunhee yanked on his sleeve and dragged him out the room.

they went down to the kitchen and donghyuck took out a glass for her. he was about to hand it to her, but his arm began to shake and the glass slipped out of his hand, smashing against the floor.

"hyuck?!" she exclaimed as he collapsed onto the counter behind him, clutching his arm. "what's wrong?"

"it burns. it's burning." he said, crying out in pain. she rolled up his sleeve where his dark mark was. it was a jet black colour.

"why? what's happening?"

"he's summoning me. he's trying to get me to apparate to him." he told her, holding his arm to his chest as the burning intensified.

"you have to resist, hyuck. don't give in."

"it hurts." he muttered, dropping his head onto her shoulder.

"you can pull through. think about us and all the positive times. don't let him control you." she whispered, combing his hair with her fingers to calm him down.

he did as she said, thinking about positive memories and each one consisted of her being in them. he thought of the first time they went to hogsmeade together and every time she hugged him. he found himself smiling against her shoulder as she continued combing his hair.

"it's stopping..." he said, the burning sensation slowly disappearing.

"see, you did it. as long as you have us, he can't control you anymore." she told him, as he lifted his head. "you okay now?"

"yes." he nodded as she brushed some hair from his face. "with you, i'm more than okay."

"hm?"

"yun." he grabbed her hand, stopping her. "i can't keep this in any longer. when i'm around you, i feel so incredibly happy, like all the bad things i know will happen soon just disappear. you helped bring me out of the darkness and for that... i feel the need to always be by your side. i know i've been clingy recently, but i can't help it. i want to be with you."